Security Installer Community

GSM dialler advice required please!

fresh57

Hi

I currently have a Texecom Premier 48 which I connected a Menvier SD-GSM to approx 12 months ago, I connected this to the outputs so that I could tell which zone had activated - took quite a bit of fiddling with but I got there in the end and all worked well.

I also set one of the outputs so that I received a text when the house was in "entry". I noticed that randomly (every couple of months) the texts stopped sending and would only work again after I powered the SD-GSM off and on again - not ideal!

This happened again recently and after I restarted the SD-GSM again it wouldn't work any more  the LCD display has bits of character missing and the mobile numbers have strange characters in them so I guess its for the bin.

My question is which GSM dialler would anyone recommend? I dont want to spend a fortune really. The ones I have in mind are the GJD710 and I have also seen at a local supplier a TELL Pager4 Pro 3G.IN6.R1 

It needs to be GSM as I don't have a landline

Any advice would be appreciated 

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, fresh57 said:

It would be good to have 8 but it doesn't look like there is much out there except the Menvier ones so I suppose 3 would do. 1 for alarm, 1 entry and 1 exit!

Go to advent controls online they have one that will do for you 

Forget the V2 Tel , it's far to complicated for what you want to do and will make your life difficult

GSM-Com - They have allsorts of features, you can remote control outputs and use Wintex/Montex with them too.

I'd be surprised if the Menvier one is duff, PSTN dialler can get a surge up the line but otherwise it's pretty rare for this type of equipment to die.

I'd maybe default it and check out if the SIM is ok, sim will die if  PAYG and don't make outgoing calls in a while

14 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

GSM-Com - They have allsorts of features, you can remote control outputs and use Wintex/Montex with them too.

I'd be surprised if the Menvier one is duff, PSTN dialler can get a surge up the line but otherwise it's pretty rare for this type of equipment to die.

I'd maybe default it and check out if the SIM is ok, sim will die if  PAYG and don't make outgoing calls in a while

To be honest I am surprised that the Menvier is duff. I factory reset it yesterday and it came back up with unreadable text on the display and parts of characters missing so it would be pretty difficult to program it again! 

Its a shame cos it did everything I needed! SIM is fine

12 minutes ago, fresh57 said:

To be honest I am surprised that the Menvier is duff. I factory reset it yesterday and it came back up with unreadable text on the display and parts of characters missing so it would be pretty difficult to program it again! 

Its a shame cos it did everything I needed! SIM is fine

If it's essential dont use GSM or pstn or IP without a polled path. If it's not essential use yours or another it will only let you down when it was needed

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.