Security Installer Community

KS 1600 Shorrock problems

Olivia Jakki Watt

We've moved into a DIY house of horrors and at the moment we are taking down a false ceiling. The previous sellers never used the KS 1600 Shorrock alarm and have never given us a code or instruction manual. Turning off the breaker for the bathroom lights sets the outside alarm off and it is rather noisey (as it should be). Anyone got the manual for this old system please? Previous thread had a PDF link but is now dead.

Many thanks

• datadiffusion changed the title to KS 1600 Shorrock problems

Have a look here, the link worked for me, personally I'd look to have a competent professional look at it, they could check and alter it to suit your needs, bearing in mind it's older than Noah... 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

53 minutes ago, Olivia Jakki Watt said:

We've moved into a DIY house of horrors and at the moment we are taking down a false ceiling. The previous sellers never used the KS 1600 Shorrock alarm and have never given us a code or instruction manual. Turning off the breaker for the bathroom lights sets the outside alarm off and it is rather noisey (as it should be). Anyone got the manual for this old system please? Previous thread had a PDF link but is now dead.

Many thanks

It's junk , get rid of it 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Logan said:

Its not junk to a sufficiently talented collector like me

that's the difference, 

as toy in a collection it don't matter if it f***ks up & crashes 

as working alarm, either I or the subscriber is going to pay for somebody to come on site & get it going should it f**k up & crash

the commercial reality is new controls & an couiple of hours to fit them & hand over is much better value 

Mr? Veritas God

46 minutes ago, Logan said:

I can program these panels in my sleep.  Its not junk to a sufficiently talented collector like me

Also. Al-yeti do you hate me

No way lol, i preparing you a box man or boy or dude

Edited by al-yeti