Security Installer Community

Hilclare 1011

David12

My parents new home has an old Hilclare 1011 alarm installed. There are no instructions - does anyone know how we can get hold of some ?

Also, is there anything behind the door - which seems to be held in place with a screw ? Is it safe to remove screw and open the door while still connected to mains ?

Until they understand how to work it they would like to turn off the mains to the unit - but can't see how to do this - is the switch in the box perhaps ?

Any help much appreciated please

Hilclare 1011.jpg

You need to find out what detection there is on the system, at that age I wouldn't be surprised if it's a detector, a door contact and probably a (disconnected) pressure matt.

Once you know this you can systematically work our what detection is in part set v full set.

There may be a fused spur nearby, alternatively it can be done inside the panel but it hurt's if you get it wrong so personally I recommend you get someone over to check it out or even down-power it for you.

• Upvote 2

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

3 hours ago, David12 said:

My parents new home has an old Hilclare 1011 alarm installed. There are no instructions - does anyone know how we can get hold of some ?

Assuming they have purchased the property, all the books & service info should have been requested by their solicitor

Its an alarm from the 1980's , it predates PDF, the internet, the mobile phone ect...

Buy a new system

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God