Security Installer Community

Honeywell Touchcenter change language

Pilotech

Hi,

I have a Flex20 and just got my hands on a slightly second hand CP045 Touchcenter.  Trouble is, It defaults to French and when powering up, it should take me to the addressing page so I can get it to talk properly with the Flex.  Unfortunately, it doesn't come up with that - just straight to the home page.  

Anyone any ideas how to factory reset it so I can set the address (and language)?

TIA

3 hours ago, Pilotech said:

Hi,

I have a Flex20 and just got my hands on a slightly second hand CP045 Touchcenter.  Trouble is, It defaults to French and when powering up, it should take me to the addressing page so I can get it to talk properly with the Flex.  Unfortunately, it doesn't come up with that - just straight to the home page.  

Anyone any ideas how to factory reset it so I can set the address (and language)?

TIA

Didn't know touch center works with a flex?

Galaxyguy?

Yes it does - only one possible though.

And they are not stolen, they are customer returns. ADI global and others seem to offload these by the pallet and they end up on eBay for spares repairs state untested or unknown. Ok if you don't mind testing for a few weeks and are ready to take the hit if there's a fault.

Press the padlock button on home screen, enter Engineer code, press bottom right button, press middle right button, then there is a small text button just off center, probably says somthing similar to 'language' but more gallic sounding!

Also worth buying these if they are for your own use :)

Edited by Gordon Smith
spelling

On 16/12/2019 at 19:16, GalaxyGuy said:

OK if you don't mind testing for a few weeks and are ready to take the hit if there's a fault.

And fitting second hand gear with no provenance... 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, robbo173 said:

The language isn't the issue fortunately, anybody able to help set this touch centre up or reset it some how?

Do you have English version instructions?

1 hour ago, robbo173 said:

Yes I have the full English instructions, the issue is that it doesn't seem to recognise the panel and won't go through the addressing or language options on power up even after pressing the reset button!

Can you upload some picture of the unit

OP, you will need to place the latest English touch center firmware on a FAT32 formatted SD card, then insert the card into the CP045 and power on. The touch enter will then re-flash its firmware and default. You should have received an SD card and firmware with the new touch center.

If you are a Selfmon customer, contact me via the Selfmon email for support. If not, then contact your installer.

20 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

OP, you will need to place the latest English touch center firmware on a FAT32 formatted SD card, then insert the card into the CP045 and power on. The touch enter will then re-flash its firmware and default. You should have received an SD card and firmware with the new touch center.

If you are a Selfmon customer, contact me via the Selfmon email for support. If not, then contact your installer.

All available online though

Yes, Honeywell now post some firmware releases to:

https://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/resources/technical-support/software-upgrades/galaxy-software-download-centre

No support if you brick your devices though.

Not much to be gained from the firmware files unless the design is secured by obscurity. Oh, wait...  Seriously though, it would be pretty hard to keep these things out of the public domain these days.

The touch screen displays are a bit of an expensive gimmick anyway.  And why would you want to look at CCTV cameras on an alarm keypad in a hallway Etc. when you can do the same on your phone. Someone on one of the Facebook forums posted a pic of a new Honeywell commercial security range. I cannot remember the name, but it looked quite different to any of the Galaxy products of yesteryear.

Just find it unusual, a lot of manufacturers try to distribute there firmware on a need to know basis, to make it harder to access.

They are maybe concerned that someone could RE it and find some exploit, I am not saying it's a good or bad thing just unusual.

I suppose exploits for IP devices are more what people are looking for, Hik took the method of obscuring there firmware files when they realised people where finding exploits.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
typo

30 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Not much to be gained from the firmware files unless the design is secured by obscurity. Oh, wait...  Seriously though, it would be pretty hard to keep these things out of the public domain these days.

The touch screen displays are a bit of an expensive gimmick anyway.  And why would you want to look at CCTV cameras on an alarm keypad in a hallway Etc. when you can do the same on your phone. Someone on one of the Facebook forums posted a pic of a new Honeywell commercial security range. I cannot remember the name, but it looked quite different to any of the Galaxy products of yesteryear.

Doubt you get hkc firmware

9 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Just find it unusual, a lot of manufacturers try to distribute there firmware on a need to know basis, to make it harder to access.

They are maybe concerned that someone could RE it and find some exploit, I am not saying it's a good or bad thing just unusual.

I suppose exploits for IP devices are more what people are looking for, Hik took the method of obscuring there firmware files when they realised people where finding exploits.

Texe firmware all on download public?

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Nope. It's probably not hard to access but it's not "public"

Hkc is all through licenced software 

Don't think you can do it with files , or atleast installers can't 

Jw?