Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy E080-04 Ethernet Module Cables?

tinnitus

7 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The E080-4 will only work on the older V1.X Flex panels. The V3 panels use the faster intellibus for comms devices and camera PIR's and it requires the A083  Ethernet module.

So what's the a083?

Customer calls , cqr carbon monoxide sensor activation,  alarm silenced but detector sound still activating 

Told them over phone open your windows and you garden door 

I happen to be on route to another place with this in-between , got there sounder has cleared 

What you think , detector faulty ? Boiler man tells them buy a portable detector before calling him out 

On 04/12/2019 at 16:50, GalaxyGuy said:

The E080-4 will only work on the older V1.X Flex panels. The V3 panels use the faster intellibus for comms devices and camera PIR's and it requires the A083  Ethernet module.

That’s great info, how do I know what version Flex I have? I now have both Ethernet modules and I’ve connected up the -10 one but my router doesn’t see it. I’m trying to get the app up and running in my phone. All the led’s on the module are as expected and I’m not getting any faults in the keypad. 

On 04/12/2019 at 12:20, james.wilson said:

What you trying to do with it. I don't use the flex but I'd of thought it would see it an external ethernet one on the data line

Sorry for late reply, I’m trying to get the app working on my phone. Can’t even see the ip address on my laptop to ping it. 

16 minutes ago, tinnitus said:

That’s great info, how do I know what version Flex I have? I now have both Ethernet modules and I’ve connected up the -10 one but my router doesn’t see it. I’m trying to get the app up and running in my phone. All the led’s on the module are as expected and I’m not getting any faults in the keypad. 

Assuming your panel sees the ethernet card???

If you set it an IP static can you ping it 

I would default your router aswell

34 minutes ago, tinnitus said:

I’m sure it sees it, all the led’s are fine and I’m not getting a comms error. The router doesn’t see the MAC address either so I can’t set a static ip 
why default the router?

You can't set an IP on the panel? And gateway or subnet?

35 minutes ago, tinnitus said:

why default the router?

What reason you have not to?

All done guys, the virgin media super hub 3 requires you to make a rule for the MAC address and the assign the IP address. That particular page from virgin takes around 15 mins to run a script, I thought it was just not responding. I walked away and came back and it was all ready to go. 

Edited by tinnitus
  • Downvote 1

pooper hub more like

the famous wifi that just about reaches the edge of the room, I have literally no idea why it is so bad, and known to be that bad, and not addressed in some way.

as soon as I see one it's 'wired only' from me, even then it has it's moments as you can see :)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

2 hours ago, tinnitus said:

All done guys, the virgin media super hub 3 requires you to make a rule for the MAC address and the assign the IP address. That particular page from virgin takes around 15 mins to run a script, I thought it was just not responding. I walked away and came back and it was all ready to go. 

Nah

• Downvote 1