Security Installer Community

Fibaro Home Automation

I'm using the (now frankly ancient, based on some old Intel Atom based ITX board intended for POS applications) Fibaro Home Center 2 (HC 3 must surely be pending, esp. since the Italian takeover)

as I found that the HC Lite was bobbins, although I intend to reuse that as a secondary gateway once the annexe is finished.

I have about 40 Fibaro brand devices, mostly dimmers and relays, with a few Qubino where there was no Fibaro equivalent e.g some LED downlights that only supported 0-10v dimming, and a couple of window openers.

For door contacts (kept separate from alarm) I've used the flush Aeotec ones, but I do also have a few sensors where the Fibaro 'universal contact', a tiny PCB with flywires, sits neatly hidden behind, it piggybacks

on the sensor and emulates the state of it's contacts via a tiny relay on the board. It's easier to do this on sensors because there is the 12v supply and the space, of course.

I've a few fibaro fobs, but find we hardly ever use them. TBF given my experiences with the system, though it is much more stable now, I'd never trust it with smoke alarms let alone intruder!

I've learnt now that if you can do anything with direct association, e.g PIR sensor for hallway lights, do it that way in case the HC blows up. It's also less load on the HC and switching is instant, not the sometimes 1s delay.

A lot of the scenes need doing properly, e.g. in code not blocks, but that can wait. 

Heres a shot of the HC2 homepage, showing abot half the devices.

Capture.thumb.JPG.0921b7b54488f8555345bb0e88aee133.JPG

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

29 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I'm using the (now frankly ancient, based on some old Intel Atom based ITX board intended for POS applications) Fibaro Home Center 2 (HC 3 must surely be pending, esp. since the Italian takeover)

as I found that the HC Lite was bobbins, although I intend to reuse that as a secondary gateway once the annexe is finished.

I have about 40 Fibaro brand devices, mostly dimmers and relays, with a few Qubino where there was no Fibaro equivalent e.g some LED downlights that only supported 0-10v dimming, and a couple of window openers.

For door contacts (kept separate from alarm) I've used the flush Aeotec ones, but I do also have a few sensors where the Fibaro 'universal contact', a tiny PCB with flywires, sits neatly hidden behind, it piggybacks

on the sensor and emulates the state of it's contacts via a tiny relay on the board. It's easier to do this on sensors because there is the 12v supply and the space, of course.

I've a few fibaro fobs, but find we hardly ever use them. TBF given my experiences with the system, though it is much more stable now, I'd never trust it with smoke alarms let alone intruder!

I've learnt now that if you can do anything with direct association, e.g PIR sensor for hallway lights, do it that way in case the HC blows up. It's also less load on the HC and switching is instant, not the sometimes 1s delay.

A lot of the scenes need doing properly, e.g. in code not blocks, but that can wait. 

Heres a shot of the HC2 homepage, showing abot half the devices.

Capture.thumb.JPG.0921b7b54488f8555345bb0e88aee133.JPG

Why there sensor on bidet

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Can Alexa order from Gregg's ?

21 minutes ago, norman said:

Just checking now...

sadly no

LOL!

I new it worked with Blink but I was unable to get it to work with Dahua, Im pleased with the work around

3 hours ago, norman said:

I genuinely looked for the alexa skill, maybe through delivaroo etc. 

Maybe cos Gregg's only reopening in Newcastle to start with for some reason 

Who is in Newcastle? Can try Alexa order?