Security Installer Community

Galaxy flex 0004 aux tamp fault.

Someone posted a similar panel fault on here only a week ago.  Was this an ebay purchase, or new panel ?    The aux 004 tamper is between T and 0V. If you have linked this with a wire, then the board may be at fault.

Try a panel restart in menu 51.17 and then enter and exit engineering mode.  If the tamper holds, then I would return as faulty.  

Is the panel the latest V3.51 firmware or lower as that will give an idea if it's been sat on the shelf for a while.

9 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Someone posted a similar panel fault on here only a week ago.

Yeah same panel returned to CTS, barely tested beyond powering up, and sold as working I expect!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Did any of the screw terminals look like they had been used I.e. not all flat and at the same unused level ?     That's a telltale sign that the panel has been used before, as the screw terminals are not screwed in the factory. Bed of nails test fixtures are used to test with the test pogo pins contacting the back of the PCB.

Some other indications of the panel being a return are old firmware and dates on the enclosure not matching the dates on the PCB firmware label.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I hope you can help me as I’ve tried all I can think of and not able to get rid of Aux Tamp error to exit engineering mode of Galaxy Flex 20. ~

I have two Deltabell external sounders and want to wire both into the Flex 20.  I’ve an internal speaker too. ~

The Deltabells bells are wired into OP1 and strobes into OP2.  OP3 has been used for internal speaker which I’ve not bothered wiring tamper circuit for.  The +12v for deltabells is coming from the left side of the board.  The 0v is wired into the 0v terminal to the right of the three OP terminals.  The deltabells have two tamper terminals which I have wired and brought back to the board on yellow and green.  Yellow is wired into the T beside the OP terminals.  Other tamper terminal from deltabell is wired into 0v.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Tim

Edited by MrHappy

1 hour ago, Galaxy Tim said:

Hi All,

I hope you can help me as I’ve tried all I can think of and not able to get rid of Aux Tamp error to exit engineering mode of Galaxy Flex 20. ~

I have two Deltabell external sounders and want to wire both into the Flex 20.  I’ve an internal speaker too. ~

The Deltabells bells are wired into OP1 and strobes into OP2.  OP3 has been used for internal speaker which I’ve not bothered wiring tamper circuit for.  The +12v for deltabells is coming from the left side of the board.  The 0v is wired into the 0v terminal to the right of the three OP terminals.  The deltabells have two tamper terminals which I have wired and brought back to the board on yellow and green.  Yellow is wired into the T beside the OP terminals.  Other tamper terminal from deltabell is wired into 0v.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Tim

Screw for tamper switch?

Also wire one bell at a time to see if each bell tamper clears 

If one doesn't then atleast you know the problem is there , if none do them maybe cable or panel problem or your wiring , 

But more likely your wiring stop breath start again and more likely the tamper screw you haven't put it in 

• 1 month later...

Many of the flex boards have a little deviation there, if a straight link doesn't solve the 0004 tamper, use a 1K resistor either in series with bell tamper or to link it out directly between T and 0V and it should work just fine. 

Edited by Tjeerd

2 hours ago, Tjeerd said:

Many of the flex boards have a little deviation there, if a straight link doesn't solve the 0004 tamper, use a 1K resistor either in series with bell tamper or to link it out directly between T and 0V and it should work just fine. 

You mean they have poor manufacturing?

21 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

You mean they have poor manufacturing?

Haha ... dunno if it was intentional, have seen it on the first few, none ever returned because of the "fix". Wouldn't classify it as poor manufacturing, maybe a glitch? My mind is still boggled over a panel without terminals ...

This has nothing to do with manufacturing quality. It's a country specific setting and depends on the country code / settings selected. OP, if you have picked up a second user panel, set it to factory defaults using menu 51.17 - cold start. If the tamper still exist after that (with the link fitted), then the panel has a fault.