Security Installer Community

Gardtec eurosec cpx remove radio zone

Pappa583

I have just hard wired the garage to an unused zone in my alarm panel to eliminate the need to buy batteries for the remote door contact unit. Seemed to be going through batteries rather quick. Anyway, as I have now got the garage hard wired in I no longer needed the add on radio unit and attempted to disconnect it from the panel. This resulted in me being unable to set the system so I presume it needs to be uninstalled as zone 91 which I thought I had done. Set the alarm last night went to be and it lasted an hour before waking the house up with a display in the keypad of Garage !!!check!!! L!.

this also happened yesterday day time when the alarm wasn't even set, just rang with the display garage.  The garage is  or was the radio zone so shouldn't have alarmed? 

As the battery was flat in the garage sender unit the alarm didn't respond anyway so I'm thinking have I damaged something when I disconnected it? Am I going to have to rest and reprogrammed the whole system disconnecting the radio unit when I power everything down and only using the hard wired zones? I don't have the install manual just the user one but managed to find a pdf ononline if I need to.

Wish I'd just bought some batteries now.....

Shouldn't use more batts than every 2 years but you will need to remove all programming for the wireless side if you have removed it. I'm assuming this isn't under any sort if support contract

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

36 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Unless it's one of those cheap 1 way ones with supervision switched off.

It is 1 way rf, its noticed the wired part is missing not the wireless bit

but yes you are right

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.