Security Installer Community

Alarm design advice for 3 bedroom house

EDinMK

4 minutes ago, EDinMK said:

But anyway I have decided to PIR that room as its locked when they go out anyway

Just put a PIR on the landing like most would - unless there is a flat roof entry to one room only is rare (and even with the flat roof it is rare to go in and out to one room)

A PIR on the landing catches people coming out from 1st floor entry, or those boshing the front (or back) door and running straight up the stairs for the bedroom jewelrly.

4 minutes ago, EDinMK said:

A dialler unit to call relatives

No no no - forget this neolitic technology. This is why we've steered you towards the likes of Texecom.

Do they have t'interwebs at their house?

It's rare a kit will have everything you need - its usual to buy a kit and then add what you need.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

kits are generic and usually put together. Few pro installers would use a kit they should pick the right detectors etc for the application. Now your seeing why kits are far from ideal as there has to be a compromise somewhere

also pstn is being switched off by 2025 so best not install something that can only use it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Well they do have internet for sure.

Cant have anything on stairs as dogs run up there too.

So with Texecom I can get a dialler unit ?

I just though a nice bundle would reduce the cost ...

Is there only really TWO affordable/quality self fit alarm alternatives ..Tex or Pyr

seems a narrow market to me 

4 hours ago, james.wilson said:

kits are generic and usually put together. Few pro installers would use a kit they should pick the right detectors etc for the application. Now your seeing why kits are far from ideal as there has to be a compromise somewhere

also pstn is being switched off by 2025 so best not install something that can only use it

Yes free broadband aswell

10 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Yes free broadband aswell

yes im getting ready for the  redundancy, we do loss covering when its likely to come back, going into December im gonna have convert my garden and brick a few windows up, this is an old policy right...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Looks Good!

But I have ANOTHER enigma, and i have watched videos on youtube etc ..but none seem to show this.

Basically if you look at their windows (below)

you can see the window is a GOOD 3/4 inch deeper than the actual frame.

I mean i know the magnetic contact always goes window/door side. but even when closed it will be still a good 5mm away from even lining up opposing edges
never mind facing !

and i am presuming it needs to be facing each other ....so would this be a "packer" job ? I mean I dont recall ever seeing a magnetic contact

sitting or jutting out on what would be a lego brick block before 

or am i not looking LOL

windowframe.jpg