Security Installer Community

Keypad and pir upgrade for scantronic 9651

Andy cb

15 hours ago, Andy cb said:

What do you mean by that  al-yeti

He's merely trying to protect you....

If your insurance specifies it is maintained by say a "nsi installer" for example then that what you need to do or change insurer for one that doesn't have the requirement (or inform the current insurer it is not maintained)

1 minute ago, Andy cb said:

I’ve read policy and spoken to insurance i can maintain myself and as said before I do get minimal discount but something is better than nothing 

Good, better to have the conversation... IMHO Insurance companies love to take your money but are not so keen in giving it back

21 minutes ago, Logan said:

Yes.  Make sure not to lose it

Ok done that thanks Logan 

so I have powered down entirely

main fuse battery backup and extreme rain siren battery 

I have wired in new keypad as old 9930 was dead 

can I now default reset to give me back engineer code?

and if so am best to use jumpers to short kick start and nvs pins

image.jpg

Edited by Andy cb

Just now, Logan said:

Yes there is engineer reset and code reset. DO NOT DO ENGINEER RESET your system will have to be completely reprogrammed if you do that

Ok so I used to have user code but that doesn’t seam to work anymore how do I reset to give me back default user and engineer coax to I can work on the system 

2 hours ago, Andy cb said:

I’ve read policy and spoken to insurance i can maintain myself and as said before I do get minimal discount but something is better than nothing 

Now this is biggest blag I ever heard 

37 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Yep sounds like the sort of flannel an outsourced CS would come up with to get someone off the line and onto the next call.

It was direct line guys I explained that I had inherited the system when I moved in I’d had a local installed come and reset it and service it when I moved in so I could use it and they where happy with that and I had received around a £50 per year discount on my premium simply by telling them I have an alarm fitted 

touch wood I’ve never had situation where it has ever needed to be brought into question but thank you all for your help and concerns system is all back and working just fine now and with the upgrades I’d asked for help and advice on 

I would have got my local installer to do it but I think he has retired as I haven’t been able to get in touch for a couple of years and can’t fined another at a sensible price point 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andy cb said:

It was direct line guys I explained that I had inherited the system when I moved in I’d had a local installed come and reset it and service it when I moved in so I could use it and they where happy with that and I had received around a £50 per year discount on my premium simply by telling them I have an alarm fitted 

touch wood I’ve never had situation where it has ever needed to be brought into question but thank you all for your help and concerns system is all back and working just fine now and with the upgrades I’d asked for help and advice on 

I would have got my local installer to do it but I think he has retired as I haven’t been able to get in touch for a couple of years and can’t fined another at a sensible price point 

They will give anyone a discount who says they have an alarm installed , problem is when you come to claim 

Total blag sorry lol but it is how it is