Security Installer Community

Keypad and pir upgrade for scantronic 9651

Andy cb

The new Eaton 9943 keypad is fully backward compatible with all of the 9651 panels.

buy the panel as a kit with a keypad as it’s within a few ££ of buying the keypad on its own.

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

It's 12:20 am and i need some sleep as at 8:30. I having to fix a you guessed it 

20190329_152717.jpg

for a split second I thought that was Vesda, ha ha turns out its a fishing rod.

18 hours ago, Andy cb said:

it’s more to keep insurance happy

Ah. In that case, it would be best to tell your insurer you have no alarm at all.

you to insurer 'we've been burgled'

insurer to you 'no problem sir, I'm guessing the alarm was set?'

you 'er, yes, expect so'

insurer 'no problem sir, we will get the logs inspected, and could you have the installation and latest service documents to hand'

you 'i maintain it myself'

insurer 'yay! no payout sir, not covered, check your t+cs, trebles all round lads!'

You rarely get ANY meaningful discount for a bells only alarm, they usually just ask the question as a get-out-of-jail-free card hoping it isn't properly maintained.

If you didn't tell them you had an alarm, they can't ask if it was set, and cannot deny your claim.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

57 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Ah. In that case, it would be best to tell your insurer you have no alarm at all.

you to insurer 'we've been burgled'

insurer to you 'no problem sir, I'm guessing the alarm was set?'

you 'er, yes, expect so'

insurer 'no problem sir, we will get the logs inspected, and could you have the installation and latest service documents to hand'

you 'i maintain it myself'

insurer 'yay! no payout sir, not covered, check your t+cs, trebles all round lads!'

You rarely get ANY meaningful discount for a bells only alarm, they usually just ask the question as a get-out-of-jail-free card hoping it isn't properly maintained.

If you didn't tell them you had an alarm, they can't ask if it was set, and cannot deny your claim.

They should really change the name

"Insurance discount approved"

5 minutes ago, Andy cb said:

What do you mean by that  al-yeti

One for insurance and one for piece of mind 

Meaning fixing yourself cannot give you piece of mind and insurers will never be happy , no offence