Security Installer Community

Keypad and pir upgrade for scantronic 9651

Andy cb

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

Yes nido but with this panel you need to remove the cover with mains connected to connect a usb lead to it when programming it

Hold on isn’t lead to program it??

the installation manual has a whole list of commands to enter for programming on the keypad no mention of usb lead

1 minute ago, Logan said:

Yes nido but with this panel you need to remove the cover with mains connected to connect a usb lead to it when programming it

But this guy is not an engineer, he is a diyer you should not be advising someone who is not familiar with the product to start meddling inside a live panel!! its bloody dangerous. At college you would be advised never to open a panel without isolating the mains first. I know that engineers do but they do it under their own risk. 

5 minutes ago, Logan said:

The panel pictured is a ion 30exd.  Not a 9651.  

20190905_200416.jpg

20190906_155905.jpg

So the pic with the battery looks very similar to my system keypad is nothing like what I have or what I’m looking to fit

Edited by Andy cb

1 minute ago, Logan said:

The layout of panel is the same as the 9651 just a different circuit board  just trying to show you where to disconnect the battery 

That’s fine can I not take off the red and black connections on the battery itself it needs changing anyway 

If you remove the lid the system might give a tamper  (cant silence as keypad doesn't work)  also it needs to be disconnected when doing any wiring to the system 

Hold on I’m getting confused 

your telling me to disconnect battery and fused in the box after pulling main fuse but now you telling me can’t remove lid I case of tamper and busted keypad

so how am I ment to power down and reset without opening the lid and without a working keypad??

My plan is to pull main fuse this I understand cuts the high voltage then disconnect external battery back up then open lid and pull fuses and battery back up

then default reset 

power down and wire in new keypad

check system working and power down again and swap out pir’s 

15 minutes ago, Logan said:

What PIRs do you plan to install. I reccomend pyronix pet PIRs HOWEVER  pet PIRs are NOT fool proof. You can still get false alarms from something such as a cat jumps on a table

If you have pets i recommend using perimeter protection 

The system already has optex rx 40 just swapping to the same but pet tolerant as I now have a small cat

Edited by Andy cb

7 minutes ago, Logan said:

I learned about the master blaster as i tested the system not knowing there was a master blaster when i moved in and i couldnt hear anything for the rest of the day. It also shredded a towel that was in the loft 

Losing hearing not good but shredding towel sounds cool

The new Eaton 9943 keypad is fully backward compatible with all of the 9651 panels.

buy the panel as a kit with a keypad as it’s within a few ££ of buying the keypad on its own.

It's 12:20 am and i need some sleep as at 8:30. I having to fix a you guessed it 

20190329_152717.jpg

for a split second I thought that was Vesda, ha ha turns out its a fishing rod.

18 hours ago, Andy cb said:

it’s more to keep insurance happy

Ah. In that case, it would be best to tell your insurer you have no alarm at all.

you to insurer 'we've been burgled'

insurer to you 'no problem sir, I'm guessing the alarm was set?'

you 'er, yes, expect so'

insurer 'no problem sir, we will get the logs inspected, and could you have the installation and latest service documents to hand'

you 'i maintain it myself'

insurer 'yay! no payout sir, not covered, check your t+cs, trebles all round lads!'

You rarely get ANY meaningful discount for a bells only alarm, they usually just ask the question as a get-out-of-jail-free card hoping it isn't properly maintained.

If you didn't tell them you had an alarm, they can't ask if it was set, and cannot deny your claim.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

57 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Ah. In that case, it would be best to tell your insurer you have no alarm at all.

you to insurer 'we've been burgled'

insurer to you 'no problem sir, I'm guessing the alarm was set?'

you 'er, yes, expect so'

insurer 'no problem sir, we will get the logs inspected, and could you have the installation and latest service documents to hand'

you 'i maintain it myself'

insurer 'yay! no payout sir, not covered, check your t+cs, trebles all round lads!'

You rarely get ANY meaningful discount for a bells only alarm, they usually just ask the question as a get-out-of-jail-free card hoping it isn't properly maintained.

If you didn't tell them you had an alarm, they can't ask if it was set, and cannot deny your claim.

They should really change the name

"Insurance discount approved"

5 minutes ago, Andy cb said:

What do you mean by that  al-yeti

One for insurance and one for piece of mind 

Meaning fixing yourself cannot give you piece of mind and insurers will never be happy , no offence