Security Installer Community

Keypad and pir upgrade for scantronic 9651

Andy cb

Just now, Logan said:

Well yes. However i am a competent engineer so i know what to touch and what not to touch. Still the best idea to pull the fuse out the FCU

Are you? I would always recommend that the mains is isolated before the panel is opened as I would expect any competent engineer to recommend there are live terminals on the transformer and the psu  

15 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Considering the mix up just with just your speaker, I would think twice about DIY.

Unless your willing to take the risk of many hours/weeks learning on the job and no guarantee of a working alarm at the end of it.

Words of caution if you do DIY:-

External bell strobe unit has very high voltage, this and having to disconnect a sounding box on the wall up a ladder is not the most pleasant experience when you have no idea what you are doing. Be careful.

Obviously the control box has mains voltage in best to isolate if your not good with electrics.

Thanks sixwheeledbeast but having just rewired most of my house and had it NIC inspected with no problems I am happy to take this my speaker issue earlier was from on my looking at the product from a picture and being of the belief that I had and internal sounder as well as an external one having followers yours and others advice that part of the system has been reinstated and working great

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

Yes nido but with this panel you need to remove the cover with mains connected to connect a usb lead to it when programming it

Hold on isn’t lead to program it??

the installation manual has a whole list of commands to enter for programming on the keypad no mention of usb lead

1 minute ago, Logan said:

Yes nido but with this panel you need to remove the cover with mains connected to connect a usb lead to it when programming it

But this guy is not an engineer, he is a diyer you should not be advising someone who is not familiar with the product to start meddling inside a live panel!! its bloody dangerous. At college you would be advised never to open a panel without isolating the mains first. I know that engineers do but they do it under their own risk.