Security Installer Community

Keypad and pir upgrade for scantronic 9651

Andy cb

Hi guys looking for some advice 

I have a scantronic 9651 alarm with one main keypad, 5 pir detectors and smoke detectors 

ive had it service yearly in the 10 years I’ve had it but recently had a lot of work in the house done plastering and decorating and my now the keypad just lights up no sound and no message on it just a blank screen and I’m looking to switch the pir to pet tolerant 

I dint have the engineer code for the alarm so I’m guessing first thing to do would be reset the default codes then fit the new keypad and then the detectors anything I should expect or know about going from other bits on the forum each job seams fairly strait forward only thing worrying me I’d the keypad not working before the reset 

The keypad worked just fine up till about a week ago it used to tell me it had a tamper as it had been removed from the wall to allow for the plastering I was looking to upgrade it as the casing is old and cracked and the newer keypads are smaller 

13 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

You're right a blank keypad is not nessacarily going to be a faulty keypad. With no way of shutting the alarm up if you make a wrong move, I am not sure that I would be wanting to DIY that. 

I would get the engineer that normally serviced it but I can’t get hold of him anymore and none of my local company company’s will touch it without wanting silly money