Security Installer Community

Cost of Basic CCTV

Yup, very active on FB and looks like they are fighting them off with a stick.

As with most things in life people want cheap without looking at the consequences.

https://www.facebook.com/relyaiuk/

https://www.relyai.co.uk/

"Our mission is to remove the financial barrier many people face when trying to ensure their homes and properties are secure."
lol

"We pride ourselves on providing the best possible service from initial contact to after installation, we have knowledgeable engineers and tech support team all supported by outstanding customer care advisers who’s aim is to ensure all our customers are 100% satisfied with communication they receive from us.
Founded in December 2018 we have already installed over 1000 physical hardware"

You get what you pay for but people seemingly don't care, or see it the way we do...

Image may contain: people standing and outdoor

No photo description available.
Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

No knowledge on positioning, images are poor.

Interesting how the image is inverted, I'd say that's intentional.

As for the others it's a shame people seem proud of poor workmanship.

Indeed 

Had one Friday where the 'cctv' didn't work but wants us to look at it. The alarm worked as expected but the 'amazon' Pro installed cctv didn't. Seems the passwords have been changed...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

That sounds like one of those ones where at the end they say 'great, and I'm sure Amazon will pay for this, send me the bill and I'll pass it straight on to them...'

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 11 months later...

The cost for installing a CCTV network is quite variable, so it can be hard to obtain an exact pricing without a detailed specification of the job. 

If you decide to find a local CCTV company to take care of it for you, it’s worth calling around to compare several quotes, because prices will be different depending on the supplier. If you choose to go it alone, consider the set-up which will best suit your needs. A basic camera without any internet access can be had for around £150, but often it’s worth paying a little more for a mid-range system, as you can get quite a lot of extra technology, such as remote web access, for a proportionately little extra. It’s important to opt for a fairly high definition image quality, as anything less than 1080P may give you blurry footage that is hard to make out details with. You will be looking at around £300 for a system with decent resolution.

Edited by MrHappy

I find CCTV is being installed by more and more numpties that either specify the highest spec they can ie 4k fixed 2.8 in s small corridor, or down the side of a building where a decent 4mp with the right lense will do a far better job, under spec the HDD 1tb, place cameras in the wrong place so they only capture the tops of peoples heads, and never change the settings like BLC or WDR.

Im up against two mongs now in a school with a camera in each corridor about 2m wide by 10 to 15 m long, they specced 3.5 lenses do you think they will mount them all sideways to get the best view? The customer tells me that they have specced much higher resolution than me. Its hard trying to explain to someone that knows nothing about CCTV , that although when on paper it looks better but they are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, and the usefulness of whats produced will be okay so long as you dont mind eating crushed shell with your nut.

1 minute ago, PeterJames said:

A neighbour has just had cctv installed, the guy is on FB and he showcases some really shit work, but he's cheap.

He rocked up yesterday in a 18 year old shitter of a van and had 4 cameras lashed in in a few hours. 

They now have some grey HIK cams sticking out like a sore thumb on their shiny white fascias. 

He's advertising 2 cameras fully installed for £325, and at that price he even comes back after 12m for a free check!

Probably why the poor bastard is riding round in a van that I thought was collecting scrap. 

Edited by norman

49 minutes ago, norman said:

A neighbour has just had cctv installed, the guy is on FB and he showcases some really shit work, but he's cheap.

He rocked up yesterday in a 18 year old shitter of a van and had 4 cameras lashed in in a few hours. 

They now have some grey HIK cams sticking out like a sore thumb on their shiny white fascias. 

He's advertising 2 cameras fully installed for £325, and at that price he even comes back after 12m for a free check!

Probably why the poor bastard is riding round in a van that I thought was collecting scrap. 

With CCTV you get exactly what you pay fo, if you expect a decent system with adequate storage, to be professional installed neatly, then expect to pay. We wouldn't retail a recorder and two cameras for £325.00 let alone a complete installed system, well not unless you are happy to have old new stock.

Agreed, thing is, I can see the neighbours sister left him a good review 3 years ago so obviously recommend him.

It's not like they're short of cash she drives a 69 plate full fat RR (she's a director of her father's company, but her day job is a A&E nurse) and was advertising some second hand shoes on FB @ £750 and he drives an 18 plate RS3, really nice young couple but obviously clueless to a degree. 

• Like 1

Buy cheap, buy twice.

We agreed to fit cctv at the directors house of one our customers, we don’t do low end domestics.

He had a system fitted 12 months ago by the local Facebook gang on the cheap.

Now wonder it had stopped working.

F9F0D633-C1C2-4AF8-8340-64E56D3B3698.jpeg

FF5A7E06-5179-42E2-B4A6-DDDA93A5CDAB.jpeg

Edited by whistle

8 hours ago, whistle said:

Buy cheap, buy twice.

We agreed to fit cctv at the directors house of one our customers, we don’t do low end domestics.

He had a system fitted 12 months ago by the local Facebook gang on the cheap.

Now wonder it had stopped working.

F9F0D633-C1C2-4AF8-8340-64E56D3B3698.jpeg

FF5A7E06-5179-42E2-B4A6-DDDA93A5CDAB.jpeg

Standard connections

8 hours ago, MrHappy said:

the self employed aerial man, appears to be leading supplier of cctv wiring cable tied to fall pipes

I would strap to pipes house bash , 

I don't like those awful conduit some put round front of houses better to hide otherways where possible

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

I don't like those awful conduit some put round front of houses better to hide otherways where possible

I pass this most days, they spent a lot of money on a complete refurb of the house, it was totally gutted, then go and do this shit. 

Screenshot_20201107-085636_Maps.thumb.jpg.6176684729e0ac0ac90baee9d2b5d566.jpg