Security Installer Community

Texecom Odyssey X Bellcover

jamesr1976

You do realise that you will need to apply for planning permission if you have a signwritten illuminated box.

Unless your in some sort of closed private communal area where it is not in public viewing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advertisements

If you are not planning on having a company maintain your system and will DIY going forward I would suggest you either:-

Leave it blank as it's not worth the hassle and offers no extra security in this instance.

Apply for planning permission for your lightbox sign, before looking around for second hand boxes or just inserts on selling sites.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You do realise that you will need to apply for planning permission if you have a signwritten illuminated box.

Unless your in some sort of closed private communal area where it is not in public viewing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advertisements

If you are not planning on having a company maintain your system and will DIY going forward I would suggest you either:-

Leave it blank as it's not worth the hassle and offers no extra security in this instance.

Apply for planning permission for your lightbox sign, before looking around for second hand boxes or just inserts on selling sites.

According to you then all your bells are blank? It doesn't have to be illuminated to be considered as advertising

45 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

According to you then all your bells are blank? It doesn't have to be illuminated to be considered as advertising

Technically a backlit sign req planning a sign does not

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

Technically a backlit sign req planning a sign does not

According to the gov site a non backlit sign with details of your company requires permission 

All vague in my opinion 

Even CCTV cameras and unlit signs (other than shopfront / advertising) need planning permission sometimes.

Looks like our local Tesco (an unusually large store for a central location, hence why it 1) hasn't closed/moved and b) is popular with town shoppers) finally got rumbled for planning.

All the fancy 'register your parking' touchscreen kiosks have been dark for 2 months now...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

46 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Even CCTV cameras and unlit signs (other than shopfront / advertising) need planning permission sometimes.

Looks like our local Tesco (an unusually large store for a central location, hence why it 1) hasn't closed/moved and b) is popular with town shoppers) finally got rumbled for planning.

All the fancy 'register your parking' touchscreen kiosks have been dark for 2 months now...

Yup, one of the first things to look for if you get stung by the parking scum is planning for signage and camera's.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

51 minutes ago, norman said:

Yup, one of the first things to look for if you get stung by the parking scum is planning for signage and camera's.

Well, that's after seeing if they are attempting to even use POFA of course!

When we got caught attending an event at a hotel it was that lot that don't even attempt to argue POFA and a polite one line 'feck off' letter

results in a surprisingly polite reply that they have cancelled the ticket 'as a gesture of goodwill' :)

Even funnier though, and I'm enbarassed I didn't ever spot this, was the reveal done by the local rag about parking on the seafront.

I always wondered why people who got ticketed - by council employees - got a blue ticket with 'Warning Notice' on.

It's because they have the right to charge for parking (or any other temporary use of land) under some hundred year old deal, but don't own it.

So they give out these totally powerless £10 fines (which I should also have spotted as being sus) in the hope it's such a reasonable amount

people will just pay up. And they do. When pushed they admitted they'd never taken anyone to court, because, of course, they can't ;)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands