Security Installer Community

Sales page?

tinnitus

9 hours ago, tinnitus said:

Hi guys, do we have a sales section? I’ve acquired a lot of 17Ah battery’s I’d like to move on. 
please delete if this is not allowed. I had a look and couldn’t find a more appropriate area. 

Keep them they take up too much room on the van and weight too much. I’d rather install an extra PSU

On 25/10/2019 at 12:40, PeterJames said:

Plus batteries are a consumable nobody is going to want them without proper documentation and a route for return  

Hey Peter, you’d be surprised what people buy at the right price. All batteries are from Yuasa can be checked for date of manufacture. 

I remember an old neighbour telling me he sold a lot of stuff on flEbay and the reason people paid close to, or over the RRP was either they had the cash in PayPal from dodgy sales themselves or they paid the extra to have it delivered to the door.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2 hours ago, norman said:

I remember an old neighbour telling me he sold a lot of stuff on flEbay and the reason people paid close to, or over the RRP was either they had the cash in PayPal from dodgy sales themselves or they paid the extra to have it delivered to the door.

I think there is a lot of truth in that - if you're doing hooky sales (even if it's just otherwise legit but tax free) there is a real advantage to recycling the PayPay money into something you want.

The number of sales I do where the PP payment is always, without fail, in the 'wifes' name is quite amusing. Since it's not exactly hard to open an account, you don't need to be creditworthy even for a basic PP account.

There was (but not so much now) a little industry of people making eyewatering amounts from selling IKEA stuff on there, but I think IKEA now deliver by courier about 70% of what they sell.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

6 hours ago, norman said:

On my last house I purchased a couple of cheap halogen light sets for the kitchen from B&Q, I ended up only using one of them. They only cost a tenner, so I thought I might get £5.00 plus postage for the it on Ebay, to my surprise I got £20.00 plus postage. I couldnt understand it the were still £10.00 in B&Q,  now I know why thanks Steve.