Security Installer Community

Bell box tamper message

Hi. Every so often I get the above message on my risco gt 600.

Is there a way to temporarily stop it from blaring out? Even in engineer mode it still goes off internally and externally. 

It also chirps for a second every so often without giving a message which I assume is telling me the back up battery needs replacing?? 

I know it needs to be seen to but don't want to spend any money on it as willbr getting a new one soon.

Hopefully there might be a setting? Or just disconnect the cable from the control unit??? 

Ta. 

Only way is to replace it.
Personally I would upgrade the external siren approx every 10 years otherwise you may get problems like this. A new external siren suggests you also have the latest intruder system to any would be burglar.

I wouldn’t expect a security light to last 10 years or any other external electrical equipment.

Edited by Amps

Lovely thanks that's really helpful. 

But in the meantime is there anyway to shut it up??!!  I've left the unit with the message showing in the hope it doesn't do anything again but obviously I can't arm it now. 

It's an old texecomm unit up there. If I was to get a wired odyssey one from texecomm should it be compatable?? The last one I did was super bright even in the day unlike this one. If so I'll order at lunch!!!! 

Thanks again for the heads up. 

If the external siren tamper switch has a intermittent fault the only way to disable it is by getting the ladders up to it. 

Until you get a replacement I would disconnect the siren from the panel. It should sound for 15-20 minutes then stop. In the panel link from 0v to the tamper return terminal(TR). System should then be minus it’s external siren but fault free. 

Sounds like the tamper switch has gone faulty in the bell.

I think you need to consider bringing this new system forward if you can.

You will most likely end up disconnecting it from the panel and breaking it off the wall.

Just disconnecting it from the panel will trigger it, best case 15 minutes of sounding worse case until the battery dies.

This sounds very typical of the Risco nova 2 bells.... I recall a number of years ago there was a batch of them,  the piezo would chirp in extreme temperatures (usually the cold), there was a fix but I would suggest you swap the bell.

Okay so tonight it set off again and wouldnt turn off at all so ran to the control unit and took the cover off. 

So for the bell cable there are wires connected to:

Strobe - 

Bell +

Bell - 

Bell hold

Sab tmp

In my panic I cut the bell +. 

It stopped straight away. 

Is that okay? Or should I just remove all the bell wires? 

I'm okay with an error message on the rkp but I just don't want the internal sounder to go. 

Can see why you guys earn your money now when things go wrong! 

21 minutes ago, bennynoneck said:

Or I guess as now it's useless I can just remove the fuse from the fcu next to it? Just don't want that sodding thing going off. 

I assune the batteries must have been dead in the bell box? 

Yes dead battery killed proper , you need new bell to start with