Security Installer Community

Videx handset

Hi all

I have a little intercoms issue with a videx vx2200 I've been tasked with looking into, I'm more security so have only done a few door entry / Intercoms bits to date. I have a handset that isn't sounding when buzzed from the main panel or doesn't unlock the door. Supposedly worked fine up until recently. 

TIA

20191009_112133.jpg

20191009_111006.jpg

20191009_104851.jpg

I guess loose wires are yourself?

It'll probably be the big green handset switch causing the issue, as usually the unit will not ring if 'off hook'.

However it appears to be some sort of digital unit so could be anything :)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

This was how it was when I opened it up other then prying the cables apart a little to do some a visual inspection. You might be onto something tho regards the green bit as their was a piece of plastic which fell out when I opened it up which would act as a connecting part when the handset was on. 

And if you do swaps don't forget to change the unit ID :)

Shame it's digital as Fermax do a brilliant 'universal' unit (model 3399) that replaces about 500 different analogue makes, never had to visit the same job twice ;)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the cradle off hook, could readdress it to another phone on the system and see if it rings when you call that number.

Only using the two address lines- check they are the right way round maybe

Edited by kwc