Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 12 worth upgrading?

tinnitus

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of info. Moved from Alarms to door access some time ago so my intruder knowledge is a bit rusty. 

I fitted a galaxy g2 12 in our house, I had one in the shed and we needed something. I had both a MK7 and a MK8 keypad connected up and both were working. I tried to add a Rio to the bus and now only one keypad works. I’ve checked the Honeywell data comparison sheet but the G2 12 isn’t even on it lol. 

Question 1 is, does this panel support more than one keypad? It definitely did. 

Question 2, Is the flex 20 any good? Obviously I want to use my existing setup so any upgrade would be Honeywell. I’m not a fan of plastic housings but I can see why it’s useful for wireless. Is the metal housing flex the same unit except the housing?

thanks in advance guys, it’s been a very long time since I was on here giving advice. 

The panel will only support 12zones that's why its called G2-12 and there is 12 zones on the main PCB.

Upgrade the firmware to a G2-44 

Edited by Nova-Security
  • Like 1

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

The g2-12 panel supports 4 keypads. As per nova, the max zones are 12 on your pcb.

The flex 20 is entry level, with the fx100+ offering many links for automation at a later date. The metal case flex is almost the same pcb as the plastic case with the exception of tamper connector and CPU RF can. It's also the same enclosure as your g2-12, just extra metal to house the PSU and pcb. And of course, the metal case cannot house GSM or RF portal modules.

The most recent flex firmware V3.51 has more features that make it more suitable for self monitoring and app control.  I would probably go for the plastic enclosure with GSM, Ethernet and RF portal all mounted internally.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The g2-12 panel supports 4 keypads. As per nova, the max zones are 12 on your pcb.

The flex 20 is entry level, with the fx100+ offering many links for automation at a later date. The metal case flex is almost the same pcb as the plastic case with the exception of tamper connector and CPU RF can. It's also the same enclosure as your g2-12, just extra metal to house the PSU and pcb. And of course, the metal case cannot house GSM or RF portal modules.

The most recent flex firmware V3.51 has more features that make it more suitable for self monitoring and app control.  I would probably go for the plastic enclosure with GSM, Ethernet and RF portal all mounted internally.

Thanks for that reply, very useful. One more question if that’s ok, I’m assuming the only difference between the flex20+ and the 100+ is the amount of inputs? I will never have more than 20 zones. 

I wont need GSM but ethernet and radio are most likely. 

Thanks again. 

47 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

There are zones, number of users, log size and links. For the home, if automation is expected at a later date,  links are important. If no automation, then the FX20 is fine.

I’ve already automated the G2 12 with WiFi relays and solder tails to WiFi reed switches. I’m thinking I just find the problem with the keypad and stick with the  12. Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.