Security Installer Community

scuttle

Hello,

Had an alarm system fitted in my home around 8 years ago. The original installer came last year and serviced it & fitted a new battery in the control box etc. Everything works great. He has since retired and moved away.

I’m just about to get an electrician to re-position one of the PIR sensors and I’m wondering how I tell the alarm not to go off when he’s doing the work!

I’ve got a Eurosec CP8L keypad and I know the engineers code but could someone tell me the process for putting the system into a sort of ‘maintenance mode’?

And then how to get it back to normal service afterwards?

Ive read the manuals but I haven’t a clue!

13 minutes ago, scuttle101 said:

Hello,

Had an alarm system fitted in my home around 8 years ago. The original installer came last year and serviced it & fitted a new battery in the control box etc. Everything works great. He has since retired and moved away.

I’m just about to get an electrician to re-position one of the PIR sensors and I’m wondering how I tell the alarm not to go off when he’s doing the work!

I’ve got a Eurosec CP8L keypad and I know the engineers code but could someone tell me the process for putting the system into a sort of ‘maintenance mode’?

And then how to get it back to normal service afterwards?

Ive read the manuals but I haven’t a clue!

You paying electrician to be a labourer ? 

He has to know how to do it himself as jw said

Enough already!*

In any case, won't any installer that isn't the original one probably have to crash the system? I can't remember now if it's full factory reset or codes only on this one...

Of course, it might be user tamper reset, even on case tamper, which IIRC is the default.

*that's what you can shout, covers both bases

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands