Security Installer Community

ipad intercom again

datadiffusion

Just had a good customer, who usually gets me to do alarms in his posh houses and CCTV for his rented shops (high class stuff no eastern eurpean tobacco sellers here)

and who never argues over cost, ask for an entry system.

It's a big Grade 2 listed (going to be hard to run wires) house with about 8 rooms all subbed out to independant physios and the like. It IS flood wired for Cat5, alledgedly.

We'll see about that, I've not been there yet.

There is a receptionist 'most days' doing 10 -3pm. After that people are having to resort to mobile phoning their respective physio etc...

It's hard to quite work out exactly what he wants, but, if it boils down to some sort of system with virtual door entry, e.g each sub has app on phone (wifi is shared)

but can deflect to receptionist when they are in, but with a central panel outside, can anyone recommend anything??

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Just called Paxton and Net2 Access doesn't work like that - tenants CAN 'DnD' to redirect to Reception, but have no way of knowing if reception is actually available to answer or not... :banghead:

I am a bit surprised by this as I thought the big sell with Net2 was for posh flats with concierge, who could similarly be 'in and out' of their reception/office during the day, but allowing

flats to redirect calls to them when available esp. if expecting a delivery.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

6 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Just called Paxton and Net2 Access doesn't work like that - tenants CAN 'DnD' to redirect to Reception, but have no way of knowing if reception is actually available to answer or not... :banghead:

I am a bit surprised by this as I thought the big sell with Net2 was for posh flats with concierge, who could similarly be 'in and out' of their reception/office during the day, but allowing

flats to redirect calls to them when available esp. if expecting a delivery.

Commlit?

Edited by al-yeti

Sorry I should have said, sounds like ground floor only flood wired, 1st and 2nd floors have zilch, there is no voip system as it's not an office, just rented rooms which are for physio type use not offices.

• 8 months later...