Security Installer Community

Galaxy Flex 100 not initialising

Johnwilliams

Hi,
I have recently took a plunge on replacing my Galaxy 60 panel with a Flex 100 containing an ethernet module & RF portal and a GPRS modem (not sure what I'm going to do with that bit).
It was an Ebay purchase and was / is brand new but sold as used as it had been configured already.
I have connected it up to an MK7 keypad but after power up (battery first then mains) the keypad just carries on displaying the row of stars and then the built in dialler relay on the panel goes nuts, as if mimicking a bleeper. I have tried various keypad addresses to no avail.
Have I bought a dud panel or is there something I should be doing on power up that I am clearly not doing.
Unlike my old Galaxy 60 there is no mem backup switch to default it but I am not sure this is the issue. I stopped installing in 1997 so it's been a while and now a bit lost.

thanks John

14 minutes ago, Johnwilliams said:

Hi,
I have recently took a plunge on replacing my Galaxy 60 panel with a Flex 100 containing an ethernet module & RF portal and a GPRS modem (not sure what I'm going to do with that bit).
It was an Ebay purchase and was / is brand new but sold as used as it had been configured already.
I have connected it up to an MK7 keypad but after power up (battery first then mains) the keypad just carries on displaying the row of stars and then the built in dialler relay on the panel goes nuts, as if mimicking a bleeper. I have tried various keypad addresses to no avail.
Have I bought a dud panel or is there something I should be doing on power up that I am clearly not doing.
Unlike my old Galaxy 60 there is no mem backup switch to default it but I am not sure this is the issue. I stopped installing in 1997 so it's been a while and now a bit lost.

thanks John

You tried it with only the keypad and all other modules disconnected?

Also are you trying this on the job? Or on the bench?

Yeah, I'm impressed that there's an actuall Galaxy guy :D cant belive there are forums for alarm panels now, I am a bit behind the times. Keep thinking I am missing somthing when powering it up like linking tampers or something, I have the lid tamper closed and the keypad tamper closed I think I can remember that you had to power them up in a particular way but still got any further.

24 minutes ago, Johnwilliams said:

cant belive there are were forums for alarm panels now,

fixed

This place, and most others, are a shadow of its former self (number wise, number wise... keep you hair on admins ;) )

The kids are all into The Face Book now for groups apparently.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/09/2019 at 23:55, james.wilson said:

It sounds knackered the stars mean no keypad comms but the relay chattering is concerning is send it back

Just to close this out, yep you were right it was knackered, got a replacment PCB from the seller, all working as expected now.

• Like 1