Security Installer Community

Visonic PowerMaxComplete - SO1 Battery Low :- PLEASE HELP

Harry Kerr

al-yeti....so is that cheap? as I say I don't know anything about alarms or the cost of them....I suppose that's why I am in the predicament I am in, not knowing in the first place who is giving me a "pig in a Poke" (an Irish saying). Yes I know about the cost of the app, they have told me it is £25 a year but they are giving me that free for the first year plus 24 hr back up in the first year....so is that a Good Deal?

As you say it's still entry level so don't expect the world. It is likely more reliable than the Visonic which I believe is discontinued now anyway.

I have known some Visonic systems to be "reliable" but the failure rates on some of the siren models where terrible, this is why I asked about the model number.

£500 seems on the low side I imagine there is only a small quantity of kit required. Either way a security company should know what there doing and will provide support for the product going forward.

Watch those app costs and bear in mind it's only push notification so not polled (in a none technical term it's only as reliable as the internet connection it's hooked to). I don't care for apps myself but many find them handy.

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

As you say it's still entry level so don't expect the world. It is likely more reliable than the Visonic which I believe is discontinued now anyway.

I have known some Visonic systems to be "reliable" but the failure rates on some of the siren models where terrible, this is why I asked about the model number.

£500 seems on the low side I imagine there is only a small quantity of kit required. Either way a security company should know what there doing and will provide support for the product going forward.

Watch those app costs and bear in mind it's only push notification so not polled (in a none technical term it's only as reliable as the internet connection it's hooked to). I don't care for apps myself but many find them handy.

Yes I agree with your assessment of the App. In my opinion it seems quite excessive (£25 a year) for what it is a push notification to your phone and as you say that only holds good if the wifi is reliable (which it is). But I get for free as part of the deal for 1 year, so I can see how effective it is or should I say how much I use it over that year.

I'm glad you think that £500 is quite low....what you get for that is the following, 1 x Pyronix Enforcer Control Panel with LCD keypad, 2 x Pyronix Enforcer Wireless PIR Sensors, 1 x Pyronix Enforcer Wireless Door Contact, 1 x HomeControl Mobile App, 2 x Pyronix Enforcer Remote Keyfobs, 1 x Pyronix Enforcer External Siren and finally a professional installer to remove the existing Visonic Equipment and install the new Pyronix Enforcer System. Plus 24 hr cover for a year in the event of anything going wrong with system and a years subscription to the App for free.

I have decided to get an additional PIR Sensor.....so that will take the bill to £570 all in. I have had a look at other Alarm Installers and their quotes to Mainland UK and their quotes are very similar at £568. Usually everything in Northern Ireland is much more expensive, so this is just £2 more expensive which is nothing. They have told me that they will provide servicing of the system after a year but haven't told me the cost....again I might forgo that for the first year....I haven't decided. Anyway the job is booked for next Thursday and I will let you all know how we get on. So far my experience with this local Security/Alarm Company is very positive and hopefully it will continue that way in the fitting process (I have no reason not to think that) Thanks again for all your help and information on what is a minefield for ordinary people like me.

So it's a fairly small system which makes sense. You have to consider it's your security and safety that you are purchasing so cost should be down the order of priorities when choosing a company.

The servers to push the notifications obviously cost money to run. Different manufacturers have different ways to cover this cost, some cover it with the kit price others are subscription.

I am just pointing out that many customers have a false sense of security that push apps are like monitoring which is not the case.

Not a problem, do let us know how you get on.

Sixwheeledbeast, it's a very small apartment with two bedrooms a living room and bathroom (which has no windows)....so no need for a load of PIRs. Yes I totally understand about the cost being down in the priority list but if you have already paid out good money on a rubbish system (that you didn't know was rubbish) and two years on you find you are ripping it all out to buy a new system.....I think most people would consider that any cost is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I think all I am wanting now is that this system fills my needs and that I am not being taken for a ride again and that this system even though being an entry level is a reasonable reliable system that hopefully will last longer than two years.....(which I think it will, all things considered)

As I have said before it is a minefield in this Alarm business and like me you can be taken for a mug so easily. But as I also said once bitten twice shy and if that electrician that fitted that rubbish thinks he will get recommended by me well he can think again. I will never employ him again...full stop. This experience has been massive eye opener.

7 hours ago, Harry Kerr said:

Sixwheeledbeast, it's a very small apartment with two bedrooms a living room and bathroom (which has no windows)....so no need for a load of PIRs. Yes I totally understand about the cost being down in the priority list but if you have already paid out good money on a rubbish system (that you didn't know was rubbish) and two years on you find you are ripping it all out to buy a new system.....I think most people would consider that any cost is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I think all I am wanting now is that this system fills my needs and that I am not being taken for a ride again and that this system even though being an entry level is a reasonable reliable system that hopefully will last longer than two years.....(which I think it will, all things considered)

As I have said before it is a minefield in this Alarm business and like me you can be taken for a mug so easily. But as I also said once bitten twice shy and if that electrician that fitted that rubbish thinks he will get recommended by me well he can think again. I will never employ him again...full stop. This experience has been massive eye opener.

£25 is cheap for the year for having some kind of notifications , 

You won't want to pay £25onth it seems 

Electrician is cheap hence why employed most of the time for alarm install