Security Installer Community

Texecom Keypad Problem

Al H

Hello all

I wonder if you can again point me in the right direction. This mystery involves the elusive Texecom Elite 24 and two of his associates keypad 1 (who has always behaved himself) and the new kid keypad 2. Both have individual DIL’s. 1 being off, off, off, off and keypad 2 on, off, off, off. 

The problem is that keypad 2 displays the time etc but the time stops counting and remains with the frozen time displayed until its reset button pressed. It will then count the current time for 30 seconds or so and stop again.  It also does not put out any sound. Any ideas.  Keypad 1 is working normally. 

Cheers 

Sounds like they are both addressed to keypad 1 so i would be amazed if any keypad works correctly.

I don't think the time updates if the keypad has power saving switched on but they don't normally come with this on.

You need go to Engineer Utils > Confirm Devices. Then go set keypad 1 as BCD 1 (on off off off) and then keypad 2 as BCD 2 (off on off off).

After this the display will update to having two keypads and confirm this with enter twice.

by enter I mean Yes