Security Installer Community

Lights

PeterJames

On 07/02/2020 at 07:47, datadiffusion said:

If you go to Fibaro website they offer direct support to anyone so hardly installer only. UK office was closed down long before takeover and English (non-US) support is now from English speakers in Poland (e.g. the whole office probably)

As above Amazon are continuously getting new stock of Fibaro kit as it the uk.automation site, Amazon prices flutuate but can't believe trade is ever any cheaper than the best Amazon prices.

I suspect the 'nice' rep just wanted to to make you feel good ;)

HH3 out soon at a silly price. I would have thought the future was no hub, as such, or at least not such a complex one, a PI size and powered PC would have been ideal price and function wise.

just to pick up on your points.

its much cheaper if you have a direct account with Nice, owners of Fibaro. 

there is a english office, its the Nice office which is where the training is held. the hub 3 is the same price as the 2 which i think is £350 plus the vat off the top of my head

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2019 at 16:25, abbz said:

I've just come across the sonoff range of smart home. Cheap as chips and have automated lights and things in outbuildings so far to see just how reliable it is. Wife isn't impressed ! 

I purchased a sonoff hub very impressed on how well it works, just a bit disappointed its only 433 so atm Im sticking with my broadlink, I may use the Sonoff in the gym so alexa can switch the amp and the garden lights on and off

26 minutes ago, norman said:

Sonoff

Broadlink has IR as well. so can change the TV chanel switch on the AV amp it also controls the older LED strips that use a IR rx, though my kitchen has RF control. I think the Sonoff may have slightly better range but that may be due to the fact that I had to put the broadlinks nearer the TV and amps in the lounge. I have thought about using a IR extender. I do also have a harmony but I couldnt see the point of using two devices to control stuff hence why i havent used the Sonoff yet

The only IR I have is the TV and I can (but rarely do) control that from the alexa, I use sonoff for some temp control in the kitchen for the plinth heaters and a humidity one in the main bathroom that switches the extraction on. 

Even my mother uses sonoff linked to an alexa to turn her lamps off as the plugs are in awkward positions. 

I have a lot of sonoff kit but use it mainly as timers and scenes. 

I'd say the most useful things I have are the presence sensors dotted around. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

16 minutes ago, norman said:

The only IR I have is the TV and I can (but rarely do) control that from the alexa, I use sonoff for some temp control in the kitchen for the plinth heaters and a humidity one in the main bathroom that switches the extraction on. 

Even my mother uses sonoff linked to an alexa to turn her lamps off as the plugs are in awkward positions. 

I try to control everything by voice, I have thought about presence sensors. I use the alarm to switch all the stuff off when I am out or in bed, apart from heating, I can control that from alexa or the RF lightwave app. I control most of the stuff in the car by voice I just find telling stuff to happen much easier, especially so when driving, I hate looking for buttons and stuff. I like the idea of presence sensors, I liked JW's smart lights that come on when you open the door when its dark. I have enough trouble hiding most of the gadgets I have floating around the house without adding more detectors  

7 minutes ago, Logan said:

I use Google home but not 100% sure how connect it with my enforcer v10

Use a sonnoff or broadlink hub and a rf relay to a zone progged as keyswitch, though I would be cautious about using it to disarm, I dont use Alexa to arm or disarm my alarm, if I did it would maybe be for partset only   

8 hours ago, norman said:

I like plinth heaters 

What you using on the stat side? Or it's simple on off with sonoff

It's a TH16,cheap as chips and as with all the sonoff I've never had any issues. It's set up with Geo fencing in IFTTT and to come on 1st thing to keep the Mrs feet warm whilst she makes my breakfast because I'm nice like that. 

Screenshot_20200224-071708_eWeLink.thumb.jpg.8bd3b5a6af2c481568af231fbdd93f91.jpg

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

7 hours ago, norman said:

It's a TH16,cheap as chips and as with all the sonoff I've never had any issues. It's set up with Geo fencing in IFTTT and to come on 1st thing to keep the Mrs feet warm whilst she makes my breakfast because I'm nice like that.

But not as nice as the time you bought her the Kenwood and the new oven both on the SAME BIRTHDAY?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

10 hours ago, norman said:

Screenshot_20200224-071708_eWeLink.thumb.jpg.8bd3b5a6af2c481568af231fbdd93f91.jpg

Ok cool I am going to do this 

I assume you have the probe kits ? Or just lashed the unit on the outside of the plinth?

Just now, al-yeti said:

Ok cool I am going to do this 

I assume you have the probe kits ? Or just lashed the unit on the outside of the plinth?

Forgot to add I hear your not needed on the forum 

Edited by al-yeti