Security Installer Community

PIR issues

PodMan

I have an issue with a Pyronix enforcer alarm kit.

The PIR that came is unable to detect in the rear room as there are bifolds and a kitchen which raises the temp too high. 

I'm looking for a Dual tech PIR and there are 3 available so which is best and easiest to install for a DIY application. FPKX15DT3 ,FPKX15DTAM3, Pyronix Enforcer KX12DT,.

cheers

Hi 

Its a wireless system.  I think its a heat issue only as the glass doors and sun ramp up the hest in the room adding the fact that cooking was going on as well at the time it was very hot in there.  worked in the evening when the temp had reduced.

no doors or obstacles of any fashion in the way..

Cheers

3 hours ago, PodMan said:

I have an issue with a Pyronix enforcer alarm kit.

The PIR that came is unable to detect in the rear room as there are bifolds and a kitchen which raises the temp too high. 

I'm looking for a Dual tech PIR and there are 3 available so which is best and easiest to install for a DIY application. FPKX15DT3 ,FPKX15DTAM3, Pyronix Enforcer KX12DT,.

cheers

Get rid pir and use perimeter protection in that area perhaps you maybe 3-4 contacts / shocks depending on how many opening you have

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:
10 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Wireless dt i only know of hkc. It wakes the mw part up when needed I'd assume texe have one tho? 

Well all those DT's are wired.

I don't use Pyronix but wireless DT's are pretty rare, not all manufacturers have them.

Hi again

Bought system from SW last week.  

KX12DQ-WE is wireless has digital temp compensation when room temp matches body temp and the KX12DT is wireless also and is dual tech so which is best.

It’s not a conservatory it’s a heat issue in a large room that is a kitchen/Dining/sitting room with 6m bifolds floor to ceiling. Last Sunday with sun and cooking in the room through the doors the temp rise caused the device not to be able to detect a us moving. No false alarm just did not detect. Pyronix Tech said dual tech or similar. 

Cheers

55 minutes ago, PodMan said:

It’s not a conservatory it’s a heat issue in a large room that is a kitchen/Dining/sitting room with 6m bifolds floor to ceiling. Last Sunday with sun and cooking in the room through the doors the temp rise caused the device not to be able to detect a us moving. No false alarm just did not detect. Pyronix Tech said dual tech or similar. 

Cheers

If you are cooking then the alarm won't be set?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2 hours ago, PodMan said:

I know that alarm won’t be working when cooking it was referencing the heat issue on an only mildly sunny day. Mid summer would do the same with no cooking

My pref would be a DT (for false alarms, not non alarming reasons) and to contact to the door. If installed correctly they are unobtrusive and if the door is grey etc, then they can be colour matched.

As above a DT won't cure your issue as both technologies have to simultaneously activate to trigger the panel, the PIR element will still struggle in hot environments.

In real terms they are only likely to enter via the doors (regardless of protection) and will go elsewhere.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

7 minutes ago, norman said:

My pref would be a DT (for false alarms, not non alarming reasons) and to contact to the door. If installed correctly they are unobtrusive and if the door is grey etc, then they can be colour matched.

As above a DT won't cure your issue as both technologies have to simultaneously activate to trigger the panel, the PIR element will still struggle in hot environments.

In real terms they are only likely to enter via the doors (regardless of protection) and will go elsewhere.

Hi to all 

thanks for your help and a decision will be soon made. Lots to think about. 

Cheers

Hi just for clarity a pir works using passive infra red to detect movement of heat, if the ambient temp is high then it will struggle to detect. A dual technology detector is two different types of detection in one Microwave which uses radar dopler to detect, and passive infra red, both radar doplar and the passive infra red have to detect before the detector activates. Which means you will still have the same problem with it not detecting.

Not familiar with the Pyronix tat so I could be wrong but surely all new kit is two way technology, therefore the detector wont be working while the alarm is unset anyway?  HKC is the only manufacturer that makes a wireless DT not that it would work in your situ 

• Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sixwheeledbeast

thanks for the last message. 

Since the last contacts I have got 2new sensors that work well but now I am having issues with the 2 that came originally with the kit in that they are now placed in the hall and landing and have difficulty picking me up efficiently ie I have to wave my arms ( not usual for burgers to do). I also have an issue with one door contact. Being learnt easily enough but not functioning in settings. I set the alarm 10 times using the proximity fob in a row with no problem but when we went away with all the doors closed internally the alarm wouldn’t set as it did not sense me leaving on the entry exit sensor. 

Finally i can’t set the alarm at all using the key fob but I can disarm it with no problem. 

There are are other things poss to discuss but I’m at work and time is limited. 

Regards

PodMan

4 hours ago, PodMan said:

There are are other things poss to discuss but I’m at work and time is limited.

Stay late at work, get some overtime in & pay an alarm man to set up it....

They should know hoe the different ext modes work

& how to define which buttons does what the keyfob

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God