Security Installer Community

Anti drill tamper

Jack b

I've got a strange sounder at home, it's a Scanny eurobell plastic case with strobe upgrade for sure, but with a high security, anti drill, thick steel cased backplate that I am certain is nothing to do with scanny...

Have a feeling it came from a bank.

Oddly the tamper switches are like the ones I have on my fruit machine collection* and even more oddly they are the type that have a 'cheat' position where you can pull the plunger outwards to make (with a machine)

the central unit think the door is closed so you can playtest but still eb able to adjust stuff.

*of 2

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

19 hours ago, Jack b said:

It's certainly done well for an early 2000s sounder 

Not if they failed in 2001...

9 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Oddly the tamper switches are like the ones I have on my fruit machine collection*

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 27/09/2019 at 16:36, datadiffusion said:

I've got a strange sounder at home, it's a Scanny eurobell plastic case with strobe upgrade for sure, but with a high security, anti drill, thick steel cased backplate that I am certain is nothing to do with scanny...

Have a feeling it came from a bank.

Oddly the tamper switches are like the ones I have on my fruit machine collection* and even more oddly they are the type that have a 'cheat' position where you can pull the plunger outwards to make (with a machine)

the central unit think the door is closed so you can playtest but still eb able to adjust stuff.

*of 2

I think the microswitchs are known as cherry, thorn used to use.

Yes Cherry ones, available freely without the 'cheat' position so very odd, unless changed.

You could fit them to certain plastic cased Scannys too to add case to wall tamper, there is a cutout in the rear of the case, sometimes the switch part number is stamped into the plastic IIRC

• Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands