Security Installer Community

ADT Visonic PM-360. Can it be defaulted?

ryback

Hi folks.

I acquired a second hand Visonic kit (panel + sensors) from a guy who used to have an ADT subscription. He terminated his contract with ADT and they left him the alarm. I purchased it assuming it would be simple to "reset" the panel and fit it to my needs. I sadly found it isn't. Although I can do a reset (green light = success?), I cannot log into the panel, either via USB port or AlarmInstall app. As far as I was told later, ADT visonic panels are locked and can only be accessed by ADT remotely.

Understanding the forum policies of not publishing defaulting info in public forums, I would just to know if it possible (not how) to default (reset) this panel to use without paying ADT a fee, or it's simply impossible.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, ryback said:

Hi folks.

I acquired a second hand Visonic kit (panel + sensors) from a guy who used to have an ADT subscription. He terminated his contract with ADT and they left him the alarm. I purchased it assuming it would be simple to "reset" the panel and fit it to my needs. I sadly found it isn't. Although I can do a reset (green light = success?), I cannot log into the panel, either via USB port or AlarmInstall app. As far as I was told later, ADT visonic panels are locked and can only be accessed by ADT remotely.

Understanding the forum policies of not publishing defaulting info in public forums, I would just to know if it possible (not how) to default (reset) this panel to use without paying ADT a fee, or it's simply impossible.

Thanks.

From what I came across none were locked unless it's new procedure from them 

But defaulting is possible

5 hours ago, ryback said:

Sorry if this sounds silly, but what’s the difference between unlocking and defaulting?

Defaulting - restoring to factory settings and codes

Unlocking - so defaulting can be achieved , if locked you have mess around to unlock on many panels and some never will 

Mostly the defaulting procedure is done incorrectly lol

Understood. Thanks for the clarification. 

I believe I can default the panel as I run the “restore to factory setting procedure” (please no defaulting info REMOVED ) and the panel emits a green light and success tone. My problem however is that I cannot interface with the panel. This model (PM-360) has no keyboard and it only can be programmed by connecting to it. I tried:

- USB (regular USB cable): Windows does not  detect any device

- WiFi (virtual keyboard via AlarmInstall app - local option): connection rejected

Any ideas on how to connect to the panel?

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm an ADT installer. Some of these panels can be a bit of a pain and don't work if they are the older version.

You have to either REMOVED(I can't remember which from the top of my head)  and then it should beep or flash a light.

You have to then search and connect to the panels wifi in your phone settings. The wifi SSID is usually the panels ID number. The password for the wifi is the panels serial number.

Haven't played with one for a while but hopefully you'll have some luck!

You have to either hold down the plus or minus button down for 15 seconds or so (I can't remember which from the top of my head)  and then it should beep or flash a light.

You have to then search and connect to the panels wifi in your phone settings. The wifi SSID is usually the panels ID number. The password for the wifi is the panels serial number.

Or is it just me that think's that defaulting info?

Now granted that's probably easily findable elsewhere, but then so is most other defaulting info on a 9651 etc...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Now granted that's probably easily findable elsewhere, but then so is most other defaulting info on a 9651 etc...

I thought it was just how to connect WiFi 

On 28/09/2019 at 11:54, datadiffusion said:

Not defaulting info at all. I haven't told anyone how to change the codes and that process will not reset any codes. It's only to connect to the panel so you can actually use the alarm system. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 26/09/2019 at 16:11, Trav2176 said:

Hi I'm an ADT installer. Some of these panels can be a bit of a pain and don't work if they are the older version.

You have to either hold down the plus or minus button down for 15 seconds or so (I can't remember which from the top of my head)  and then it should beep or flash a light.

Haven't played with one for a while but hopefully you'll have some luck!

Thanks for your reply. I did as you indicate (pressing plus o minus buttons didn't  work, instead I held "reset" for 30 seconds and in order to get the beep + green light). I connected to the panel's wifi network (ID=panel ID; password=serial number). However the Alarm

Install App throws these errors:

• Panel is not responding. Please check your WiFi settings
  • Could not complete operation. Connection rejected

I check that the panel ID and S/N are correct. I know they are because my iPhone shows the wifi icon, which means a wifi connection was established.

Seems like the panel has wifi enabled but connection via Alarm Install App disabled.

Any clues on how to recycle this panel?

4 hours ago, ryback said:

Thanks for your reply. I did as you indicate (pressing plus o minus buttons didn't  work, instead I held "reset" for 30 seconds and in order to get the beep + green light). I connected to the panel's wifi network (ID=panel ID; password=serial number). However the Alarm

Install App throws these errors:

• Panel is not responding. Please check your WiFi settings
  • Could not complete operation. Connection rejected

I check that the panel ID and S/N are correct. I know they are because my iPhone shows the wifi icon, which means a wifi connection was established.

Seems like the panel has wifi enabled but connection via Alarm Install App disabled.

Any clues on how to recycle this panel?

Hi. Did one the other day, it’s hold both button for about 10-15 seconds. The WiFi light should blink then connect to it like you said. 

They are a pain in the backside to be honest. Some times they will connect no problem and others they won’t. They were originally programmed by ADT with a cable to an android tablet so we had no issues. 

Have you got to the stage where it’s asking for the code? 

On 31/12/2019 at 21:52, Trav2176 said:

Hi. Did one the other day, it’s hold both button for about 10-15 seconds. The WiFi light should blink then connect to it like you said. 

They are a pain in the backside to be honest. Some times they will connect no problem and others they won’t. They were originally programmed by ADT with a cable to an android tablet so we had no issues. 

Have you got to the stage where it’s asking for the code? 

Yes! Your instruction of pressing both buttons at the same time was the missing piece. Thank you!

Now I'm struggling with the code. I tried a couple that I found on google "visonic pm-360 default installer code" but they didn't work. I'm not sure if it is allowed by this forum, but in case it is, is there any further guidance that you can give me (now my only way is to try all codes from 0000 to 9999). In theory, I have reset the panel to factory defaults by holding the RST button for 30 sec (panel responds with green light and beep)

Regards,

20 minutes ago, ryback said:

Yes! Your instruction of pressing both buttons at the same time was the missing piece. Thank you!

Now I'm struggling with the code. I tried a couple that I found on google "visonic pm-360 default installer code" but they didn't work. I'm not sure if it is allowed by this forum, but in case it is, is there any further guidance that you can give me (now my only way is to try all codes from 0000 to 9999). In theory, I have reset the panel to factory defaults by holding the RST button for 30 sec (panel responds with green light and beep)

Regards,

Holding reset is general reset? Not panel default or codes default 

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Holding reset is general reset? Not panel default or codes default 

Not sure if holding reset defaults installer code... seems like not. So far trying codes one at a time... 62 in 2 hours… this will take days... assuming it's a 4 digit code, if the code is longer it will be almost impossible

2 hours ago, ryback said:

Not sure if holding reset defaults installer code... seems like not. So far trying codes one at a time... 62 in 2 hours… this will take days... assuming it's a 4 digit code, if the code is longer it will be almost impossible

You in I.T? As in what you do for a living

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ryback said:

I work in IT related tasks. I'm tech-savvy. I was thinking of writing a program to brute-force test all the codes, but it's too much work

In that case my advise to you , is take it on the chin and put this panel in bin or back on eBay

Buy a new alarm like an enforcer which probably right up your street being nice DIY panel to an extent