Security Installer Community

Abacus expander

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABACUS-REM-UNIT-BRAND-NEW/193054640248?hash=item2cf2f40878:g:2MQAAOSwPUVdWTbJ

abacus.thumb.jpg.235d371d58f35b1414a4cbbff4c4807b.jpg

So are these actually 'digital' or just a very elaborate setup of resistor values?

As I notice it connects to a zone, not a databus according to the instructions??

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

w/o digging a book out....

IIRC the rkp & expander where on the same data bus & need a 5th wire for rkp sounds ?

Abacus used to use funny resistor values & could have spilt zones (a&b) via resistor vaules or "peardrops"

There was an 6/14 with a knacked rkp + expander kicking around my unit floor the other month

Mr? Veritas God

Instructions are very odd though, which is why I wondered;

Connect to Zone 8 'A' terminal for a 16, or any Zone 'A' terminal for a 64, the A+B zone splitter thing I do remember although now don't even have any of these on the books and never any with zems or splits. So presumably replaces the zone in each case?

Wasn't the zone splitting sort of 'secret', in that they wouldn't tell you the resistor values but rather tryed to either sell you a box or their own brand PIR which had the 2nd alarm terminals built in?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

16 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

w/o digging a book out....

IIRC the rkp & expander where on the same data bus & need a 5th wire for rkp sounds ?

Abacus used to use funny resistor values & could have spilt zones (a&b) via resistor vaules or "peardrops"

There was an 6/14 with a knacked rkp + expander kicking around my unit floor the other month

Splitting was weird lol

But a zone leg was needed

Secret? Everything was in box lol

56 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Al's tight you loose z8 on board....

IMG_20190822_125902272.thumb.jpg.e21a17d40f4b78261a584950344d3bf1.jpg

I not tight 

I send you da keypad if you need one?

48 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Odd, data via the Zone then! And also 'clean' power on B and C, and presumably dirty power for the detectors!

You dirty one around here man

12 hours ago, Logan said:

Nice texecom premier keypad. I don't understand what the problems are with the pyronix sterling 

You would if you ever installed and supported them for clients

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.