Security Installer Community

Concept 6 internal sounder volume

ChrisM76

Hi,

Just moved into a house with a Concept 6 alarm, the first night I set the alarm for the night, I discovered the internal sounder was cranked up to 11 and pretty much woke everyone in the house up.

Next day I read the manual, opened the panel and turned the volume down to the minimum.  It's much better now, but ideally it would not make any noise during the set, just a beep at the end to indicate that it did set correctly - this is what the alarm in my previous home did.

Can anyone tell me If this possible on this alarm and how?

Many thanks.

7 hours ago, ChrisM76 said:

Hi,

Just moved into a house with a Concept 6 alarm, the first night I set the alarm for the night, I discovered the internal sounder was cranked up to 11 and pretty much woke everyone in the house up.

Next day I read the manual, opened the panel and turned the volume down to the minimum.  It's much better now, but ideally it would not make any noise during the set, just a beep at the end to indicate that it did set correctly - this is what the alarm in my previous home did.

Can anyone tell me If this possible on this alarm and how?

Many thanks.

Old panel now , if not much to protect at home, leave it as is or get new one installed 

23 minutes ago, ChrisM76 said:

I had considered that, other than not knowing if the alarm has been triggered, is there a technical reason not to do this? i.e.: will the alarm register a fault? 

You could install an internal bell sepratley as thatsore import than the external one in my opinion 

Then if the panel has a set output you could use it to trigger some kind of timer relay set to like 2secs to trigger a buzzer , relay would trigger only for short burst , then using a Hi lo sounder with correct relay config to trigger sound when unset 

Or some blag like that 

But by the time you work this out you could have swapped the panel for £70quid

No internal speaker == No internal alarm. Bear in mind you have turned down the advisory tones the alarm will be at full volume no matter where the pot is in alarm.

If possible you can press SET when arming to make it arm quicker but that may not help if you need time to leave the entry/exit area.