Security Installer Community

Replacing Response for Oswoo

Weebryan

Agreed there's lots of tat being imported in all areas, especially anything Electronic. Personally I think the importers are lowlife, preying on the uninformed & unsuspecting public & very often knowingly selling badly made & dangerous equipment.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Have taken on board the advice and sent it back after much wrangling. I didnt actually buy the alarm, my dad did before he died, so was trying to put it in for my mother. Will figure out where to go from here, but the response alarm while generally perceived as tat on here was installed for 20 years and no issues, it just gave out/broke. Thanks to those who gave constructive responses.

1 hour ago, Weebryan said:

but the response alarm while generally perceived as tat on here was installed for 20 years and no issues, it just gave out/broke.

most who post on TSI have worked in the trade, 99% of the stuff sold in the shops as "alarms" is tat, if was half decent it would be fitted to the shop...

readily available hybrid alarm texecom premier

readily available wired alarm texecom veritas

Thanks to those who gave constructive responses.

not sure that's me..... but you did reply with "tat" & "refund" so I guess it must have been ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Have taken on board the advice and sent it back after much wrangling. I didnt actually buy the alarm, my dad did before he died, so was trying to put it in for my mother. Will figure out where to go from here, but the response alarm while generally perceived as tat on here was installed for 20 years and no issues, it just gave out/broke. Thanks to those who gave constructive responses.

Hi: Sorry it was something your dad bought before he died & he got ripped off but glad you managed to get your money back. You might want to take a look at the DIY kits sold somewhere like security warehouse ( Really good to deal with ) or alternatively your local TLC Electrical do a basic wired system at a good price. If you need any help with questions on installation or setting up, please ask and we'll do our best to help you get it sorted.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.