Security Installer Community

Problem with Safe Alarm

Well the guy from the alarm company came. Apparently you have enter a code and use the key also to disarm the safe from the system when I need access. He said they are going to re-enable the redcare stu thing which he says uses the phone line and mobile network and also the outside box failed its test so they are going to replace that tomorrow they are sorting the paperwork end out first. Just a quick question he said the redcare uses the existing BT line do I have to pay line rental for the phone line even though we use Virgin Media? Cheers 

If he actually means Redcare STU it will need a BT (Openreach PSTN) line to connect to the Redcare exchange.

Most likely it's some other GPRS/GSM based BT Redcare product (aka Agile or Secure) which if dual path would just need any PSTN line or Ethernet connection.

Worth clarifying with there office what unit and ATS grade you are having reconnected and will be paying for.

You will also want all the ARC details and update keyholder details paperwork which will likely be on it's way to you.

5 hours ago, Davawirral said:

Well the guy from the alarm company came. Apparently you have enter a code and use the key also to disarm the safe from the system when I need access. He said they are going to re-enable the redcare stu thing which he says uses the phone line and mobile network and also the outside box failed its test so they are going to replace that tomorrow they are sorting the paperwork end out first. Just a quick question he said the redcare uses the existing BT line do I have to pay line rental for the phone line even though we use Virgin Media? Cheers 

Thanks for the update. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.