Security Installer Community

Problem with Safe Alarm

Hi. We have recently taken over a Manor home and in one of the rooms is where the guns are stored. However every time we open the gun safe to get it fitted out for our equipment the alarm keeps going off even though we though the alarm is not set it's becoming a pain now!!! Could anyone please advise me what I am doing wrong? I will try and insert some pictures. 

IMG_20190812_223342.jpg

Edited by Davawirral

I've found the key and turned it on the box above the gun safe but when I open the gun safe door it still goes off and when we silence it at the keypad in the office it displays Gun Safe Door. Surely there must be a way around it I need to store the guns in the safe cheers

1 hour ago, Davawirral said:

I've found the key and turned it on the box above the gun safe but when I open the gun safe door it still goes off and when we silence it at the keypad in the office it displays Gun Safe Door. Surely there must be a way around it as its apart of the police licence to ensure all guns are kept in a secure lockable safe cheers

2 hours ago, norman said:

Does the omit unit buzz when you turn the key?

You may need a code for it also/or

No it. Doesn't make any noisy which ever way I turn the key the alarm still goes off. The only noise it makes is if you press any of the numbers!!!

2 hours ago, Davawirral said:

I've found the key and turned it on the box above the gun safe but when I open the gun safe door it still goes off and when we silence it at the keypad in the office it displays Gun Safe Door. Surely there must be a way around it as its apart of the police licence to ensure all guns are kept in a secure lockable safe cheers

40 minutes ago, Davawirral said:

No it. Doesn't make any noisy which ever way I turn the key the alarm still goes off. The only noise it makes is if you press any of the numbers!!!

Call me crazy...

Did you get in touch with the installer / maintainer of the security system & ask them to train you on how to use the alarm correctly ?

Maybe when they undertake the maintenance visit, update the kekoholder ect...

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

Call me crazy...

Did you get in touch with the installer / maintainer of the security system & ask them to train you on how to use the alarm correctly ?

That will cost money tho?

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

Call me crazy...

It was already installed when we took over the building we have all the keys to the safes and the alarm unit above the gun safe and we also have some key fobs for the keypads by the front door and office and landing. 

4 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

That will cost money tho?

To be fair if he is storing guns its probably a Police requirement that the system is monitored and maintained. We look after quite a few sites with gun safes I cant think of one that's not G5 monitored.

Just now, Davawirral said:

It was already installed when we took over the building we have all the keys to the safes and the alarm unit above the gun safe and we also have some key fobs for the keypads by the front door and office and landing. 

The installer will still know the system and can provide a service contract 

3 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

To be fair if he is storing guns its probably a Police requirement that the system is monitored and maintained. We look after quite a few sites with gun safes I cant think of one that's not G5 monitored.

I was taking the Mick man , he's here because it will cost money for an installer to come

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

I was taking the Mick man , he's here because it will cost money for an installer to come

I doubt that, people that have guns are sensible, and would not take any risk. You can kill someone with a gun. 

I'm going to contact the original installer as I want to keep the monitoring which I think is something called redcare as there is a little telephone thing that says BT Redcare. I just don't understand why it keeps going off when I open the safe doors when the rest of the alarm in the building is off. It's confusing! 

8 minutes ago, Davawirral said:

I'm going to contact the original installer as I want to keep the monitoring which I think is something called redcare as there is a little telephone thing that says BT Redcare. I just don't understand why it keeps going off when I open the safe doors when the rest of the alarm in the building is off. It's confusing! 

Somebody spent £100's to put the 24hr circuits on the gun cabinet, 

The little thing marked redcare is probably just a block terminal...

The alarm is always working... there's set & unset but no off ;)

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God