Security Installer Community

Problem with Safe Alarm

4 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

That will cost money tho?

To be fair if he is storing guns its probably a Police requirement that the system is monitored and maintained. We look after quite a few sites with gun safes I cant think of one that's not G5 monitored.

Just now, Davawirral said:

It was already installed when we took over the building we have all the keys to the safes and the alarm unit above the gun safe and we also have some key fobs for the keypads by the front door and office and landing. 

The installer will still know the system and can provide a service contract 

3 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

To be fair if he is storing guns its probably a Police requirement that the system is monitored and maintained. We look after quite a few sites with gun safes I cant think of one that's not G5 monitored.

I was taking the Mick man , he's here because it will cost money for an installer to come

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

I was taking the Mick man , he's here because it will cost money for an installer to come

I doubt that, people that have guns are sensible, and would not take any risk. You can kill someone with a gun. 

I'm going to contact the original installer as I want to keep the monitoring which I think is something called redcare as there is a little telephone thing that says BT Redcare. I just don't understand why it keeps going off when I open the safe doors when the rest of the alarm in the building is off. It's confusing!