Security Installer Community

alarm goes off

Hi, I just came home and it seemed like there was a power cut. I turned on the electricity power plugs and the power came back on however the abs is going off, it is only the alarm box making the noise and there is a red light next to the settings(?) icon. I was considering turning the power off just to stop the noise but than the alarm outside goes off. I have no idea how to deal with it and it is too late to contact any engineers. Please help

This is what happens to a system that is not serviced regularly. Switching the power back off will only make it worse as you will trigger the outside sounder.

Companies do operate 24/7 however they may not respond without a contract in place.

The settings icon is likely a fault spanner (scantronic)? You could try putting in the code slowly and firmly just incase the keypad is worn and a digit was missed.

Thank You for the reply

3 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

This is what happens to a system that is not serviced regularly. Switching the power back off will only make it worse as you will trigger the outside sounder.

Companies do operate 24/7 however they may not respond without a contract in place.

The settings icon is likely a fault spanner (scantronic)? You could try putting in the code slowly and firmly just incase the keypad is worn and a digit was missed.

Hi, thank you for the reply. We have only moved in a couple weeks ago and the landlord said the alarm is not in use and she didnt even give us any code. I dont even know who to call right now as there is no company on the alarm, I guess I will just contact the landlord tomorrow. 

Best to get hold of the landlord if your place is rented it's there responsibility.

Either make sure they get it working and serviced regularly or make sure it's disabled and powered down correctly.

Landlord may call it "disabled" if they only use it when there is no tenant but that doesn't help you in this situation you should have the code.