Security Installer Community

Texecom OLD Premier/Veritas

21 minutes ago, Shadrack said:

that is out of engineers. Engineers has all 8 lit up. I tried tamper disable pin on the controller, (has a 3 jumper pinout for Tamper Disable), same thing.

So if you disable tampers , then might be as Swb says the seol config and resistor combination?

8 minutes ago, Shadrack said:

Well I did nuke config back to defaults so it shouldn't be an issue? also I removed the broken reed and removed the wires so no more 2 reeds on 1 zone. as it is while I type this, all sensors removed, replaced with resistors.

Put wire links instead of resistors and see if anything changes

Changed to wire links. Reset config, disabled box tamper, let it boot up, reset time/date, all zone lights showed unlit. So progress I think? I then proceeded to add zone 3 (passage) as it's easier to test that while I'm busy with it since the keypad is 1m away from it. configured that zone as an interior instant NC. (Is this correct? it's the PIR from previous PIR picture), it does not detect when I stand there. the sensor itself lights up, the zone on the keypad does not. Also, that trouble light is illuminated still.

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 16.47.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 16.47.43.jpeg

Alright I've made some progress! Might make it easier. I've assembled a TTL to USB device and mapped the COM 1 port on the 412 and managed to hack it all together so I can use Wintex to see the panel. Now to figure how to go from there

4 minutes ago, Shadrack said:

The firmware on the panel is Premier 412 Version 7.1, would updating be possible for such an old panel? without bricking it.

Forget firmware update no point

Now you know wire links allowed faults to clear because it's not setup for resistors 

Possibly 

But carry on , if you manage to programme it fine 

If not you can use without resistors and global tamper if it has it 

DIY no big deal how you do it 

1 hour ago, Shadrack said:

Changed to wire links. Reset config, disabled box tamper, let it boot up, reset time/date, all zone lights showed unlit. So progress I think? I then proceeded to add zone 3 (passage) as it's easier to test that while I'm busy with it since the keypad is 1m away from it. configured that zone as an interior instant NC. (Is this correct? it's the PIR from previous PIR picture), it does not detect when I stand there. the sensor itself lights up, the zone on the keypad does not. Also, that trouble light is illuminated still.

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 16.47.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 16.47.43.jpeg

Also you need to remove the resistor from the PIR , if your doing it without resistors, 

If you join and open wire atnpir end that should open and close the zone , perhaps pirs are shot

I've measured the resistance over the wires for zone 3, 3.3k, then when someone walks in front of it, changes to open circuit. PIR seems fine. Rechecked wiring. Seem's correct.

used multimeter on panel side to confirm the same (in case a wire broke in the ceiling etc), works fine. I wire it up to zone 3 on the panel, so I should program it to: 

Zone: 03

zone type: 04 Interior instant

zone wiring: Single EOL - N/C

Partition: 1

Attributes 1: Enable Bell, Enable Instant Strobe, Enable transmission

Attributes 2: Enable Manual Bypass, Enable stay bypass

Attributes 3: none

Zone text: passage

correct?

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 19.48.06(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 19.48.06(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 19.48.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 19.48.07.jpeg

I've tried all, unless I select Normally Open, all list as "active", even when using jumpers direct from com to zone. Any advice on that? I am very confused at this point. PS, thanks for all your help so far everyone. I've indeed made progress through your help!

2 hours ago, Shadrack said:

I've tried all, unless I select Normally Open, all list as "active", even when using jumpers direct from com to zone. Any advice on that? I am very confused at this point. PS, thanks for all your help so far everyone. I've indeed made progress through your help!

Single eolwould mean put resistor back in PIR if you removed it 

23 minutes ago, Shadrack said:

No matter what I set the zone config to, it shows active. So.. thinking after all this, something is broken? 

Thought you said when linking wires out , the zones clear?

It would be pretty rare to have a duff panel, if your going to blow something you would likely only break one circuit. having all the circuits do the same makes me still think a programming option.

As I said I know Texe stuff pretty well but we rarely see international series over here, so I couldn't point you to the exact programming option from if that is what the issue is.

My advice for testing panels zones would be to remove ALL other wiring (to remove possibility of a ground loop) and only use short pieces of wire and/or resistors to test your circuits. I imagine you need to be in walk test/zone status or some other mode that would trigger if a zone where activated.

Ok let's start from the top. As of typing this I have removed all wiring except siren, remote, power and AUX power to the sensors. all sensor signal wires are removed. NO jumpers/resistors in yet. the terminals are empty. The settings for the zones are all nulled as a starting point. Here's pics of everything so far:

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.21(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.21(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.22(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.22(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.22(3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.22(4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.22(5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.11.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.17.45.jpeg

Edited by Shadrack
added 1 more pic of the PCB

Yeah, I set null since nothing is plugged in, now, with nothing plugged in, I changed to 04 Interior Instant with zone wiring Normally Open. shows no fault. so open circuit. which is correct. as there is no jumper/resistor. NOW changing to Single EOL - S/C Tamper, now shows zone 4 active. Gonna go install a jumper/dupont cable for Zone 4 now. 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.22.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 19.23.05.jpeg