Security Installer Community

Rolling shutter sensor configuration

mauog

Hello,

I have some rope sensors installed on my rolling shutters.

I have a Risco Plus system. According to the handbook I set the "loop response" to "extra fast, 1ms". I would like to know if there is a recommended value for the pulse count value.

I can understand that it could depend on sensor brand but I'm figuring out if there is any value to be set that come from general experience.

Thank You

Regards

3 hours ago, mauog said:

You have to connect the rope to the end of the shutter.

So as soon as the shutter moves the rope moves in or out to the device opening the circuit.

Untitled.jpg

Ok so this a movement detection device , fully compatible with bentel systems after a bit internet H stalking and Google translation 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ART471N-Sensore-a-fune-compatibile-Bentel-per-Antifurto-Tapparelle-avvolgibili-/182713252651

If you don't speak English , your phone should ask you to translate description to english

Edited by al-yeti

10 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

7 quid from eBay Italy if you can can get shipping deal done however you're right Eaton probably want 70 quid 7 quid from

Funny company that CSA, bought by Menvier early 90s just before they themselves got taken over by Scantronic I think.

Occasionally rebadged products have appeared over here usually prox related e.g. standalone door entry prox rebadged as a UK Menvier product and also the menvier keypad passive proxies were by that co. in Italy.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Funny company that CSA, bought by Menvier early 90s just before they themselves got taken over by Scantronic I think.

Occasionally rebadged products have appeared over here usually prox related e.g. standalone door entry prox rebadged as a UK Menvier product and also the menvier keypad passive proxies were by that co. in Italy.

Eaton basher

Edited by datadiffusion
Updated my own quote!

Ops I let the thread control :rolleyes:

My porblem is to set a correct value in the filed "Pulse count".

Lower value increase the possibility of a false alarm and a high value cannot identify a real intrusion event...

risco_imp.jpg

40 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

If its a relay output marked nc then I would set at 300ms and 1 pulse

Do you have the manual for the detector? 

In the manual the only thing connected to pulse time is:

Pulse 4 ÷ 6 ms

Risco anyway recommend to set for this kind of device a loop response of 1ms but doesn't specify the number of pulse count...

21 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I assume its like a vibration sensor but I'd expect noise on the cables to cause issues at 1ms

Thats why, I think, you can set more the one pulse count.

Of course on there is and there could be noise due to for example some wind moving the shutter or not yet perfer stopped as soon as the shutter goes down and you have to arm the alarm system.

Anyway here you are the manual:

loop_res.jpg