Security Installer Community

New alarm panel required, any suggestions please ?

Tom adams

Good morning everyone. I have a two bedroom bungalow , and I would like to install a burglar alarm.  Currently no alarm installed,so would anyone please suggest a decent reputable, and reliable system to install for about £500 max ( install and supply ) only need to cover 5 areas with pirs.  Just looking for best quality I can get for my budget, if that's possible. Many thanks

2 minutes ago, Tom adams said:

Yes thanks for that guys, I will get at survey, but would like to know which system would be the preferred choice out of the three. Thankyou

Any which are hybrid panels , don't think Veritas is , and the 9651 isn't either good panel but old 

Pyronix castle not sure? Someone else might know 

Otherwise , texecom ricochet, hkc, enforcer if you want something DIY type 

14 minutes ago, Tom adams said:

Yes thanks for that guys, I will get at survey, but would like to know which system would be the preferred choice out of the three. Thankyou

There are pretty much all of a muchness without letting us know what you expect to happen when the alarm goes off.

So making your choice for you, if you just want a bell to ring, most of us here cannot truly recommend any one over the other than their familiarity with the brand.

I appreciate as a consumer you are approaching this as consumers do, but this is not Apple vs. Android, all 3 of them will competetently do the exact same thing

and last at least 10 years, if looked after.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Oh right, thanks for the info, yes just looking for bells to go off when they are supposed too really. Not trying to protect the crown jewels, but just want to scare off any scrote who wants to come in whilst I'm not there..  oh and by the way,, what is a hybrid alarm ? And do I need one.. many thanks

1 hour ago, Tom adams said:

Oh right, thanks for the info, yes just looking for bells to go off when they are supposed too really. Not trying to protect the crown jewels, but just want to scare off any scrote who wants to come in whilst I'm not there..  oh and by the way,, what is a hybrid alarm ? And do I need one.. many thanks

Gives you option of adding wireless later if you need it 

Don't go to cheap only to have to buy twice or being stuck with what you get