Security Installer Community

Flex 20 remote setup

Hi everyone; thanks for reading.

I have installed a Flex 20 and have many modules - including the ethernet module.  I now have the GXRemoteControl app and have it set up, working on the home WiFi network.  Now, 2 things:

1. I can't access outside on my home network - Do I need to set up port forwarding or similar on my router?  I don't have a static IP - is this an issue?  Maybe wrong settings on the app.

2. When using the app, pressing the 'outputs' tab, it tells me I need to update the firmware.  Under 23/ Version shows as 1.10.  Is it easy to update this myself?  I tried to download from Honeywell but don't think it woks with Mac...

Any advise gratefully received :)

3 hours ago, Pilotech said:

Hi everyone; thanks for reading.

I have installed a Flex 20 and have many modules - including the ethernet module.  I now have the GXRemoteControl app and have it set up, working on the home WiFi network.  Now, 2 things:

1. I can't access outside on my home network - Do I need to set up port forwarding or similar on my router?  I don't have a static IP - is this an issue?  Maybe wrong settings on the app.

2. When using the app, pressing the 'outputs' tab, it tells me I need to update the firmware.  Under 23/ Version shows as 1.10.  Is it easy to update this myself?  I tried to download from Honeywell but don't think it woks with Mac...

Any advise gratefully received :)

1. Yes you need port forwarding or update IP manual each time, unless Honeywell have got there act together?

2. No better get installer to update firmware

You could try selfmon service instead can work in conjunction with your gx app

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2019 at 09:09, al-yeti said:

1. Yes you need port forwarding or update IP manual each time, unless Honeywell have got there act together?

2. No better get installer to update firmware

You could try selfmon service instead can work in conjunction with your gx app

I am the installer here but many many years since I've done a panel firmware update..