Security Installer Community

Pyronix twin alert

Hi all

Currently having issues with the speaker input on a twin alert. It's wired to a GD48 and all is working apart from the speaker input for ee horn tones. I've connected it to the speaker negative (and tried positive) to no avail, anyone else had issues when using a dimension? Can I use a programmable output instead? I was under the impression that the speaker input of the twin alert wasn't designed to be fed DC so being a bit wary! Even pyronix tech support were scratching their heads. Cheers

2 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

Hi all

Currently having issues with the speaker input on a twin alert. It's wired to a GD48 and all is working apart from the speaker input for ee horn tones. I've connected it to the speaker negative (and tried positive) to no avail, anyone else had issues when using a dimension? Can I use a programmable output instead? I was under the impression that the speaker input of the twin alert wasn't designed to be fed DC so being a bit wary! Even pyronix tech support were scratching their heads. Cheers

What you mean speaker negative?

4 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

Fine for domestics imo but prefer the soint2. Can a programmable output be used then? The manual isn't very clear!

As James said use output programme as ee horn but you would be connecting that to a sounder of sorts I think