Security Installer Community
Paul A

Pyronix sterling 10 keypad problem

Hi,  I have a pyronix sterling 10.  The panel was only fitted a couple of years ago and is now obsolete, so pyronix say it is now not supported for problem issues. The problem is just with the keypad that keeps bleeping by one faint bleep approx every 10/15 minutes. The panel is showing system disarmed with no faults codes. The alarm seems to operate fine . I have the manual, and have been through it, there is nothing about this problem in the manual. Does anyone have any ideas..thankyou

new old stock off ebay or replace it with something less naff

Alarming the public for over 25yrs...

Wow, I didn't realise people could be so helpful

Please rate us on www.trustpilot.com

• Like 2

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Even in there day they where an awful panel to work on.

i can only suggest something maybe on chime?

25 minutes ago, Paul A said:

your control panel is a turd,

some mong wants £45 for a 2nd hand rkp on fleabay,

assuming you've not heard a low battery bleep on smoke detector & think it the keypad bleeping...

replace it with a vertias or euro mini ect...

a proper alarm man can probably do it in around an 1hr

Got to be in the top 5 sh|test panels ever made. 

Skip fodder.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Paul A said:

Serious two years ago? It's rubbish old stock that someone fitted you , they done you over

14 hours ago, MrHappy said:

your control panel is a turd,

some mong wants £45 for a 2nd hand rkp on fleabay,

assuming you've not heard a low battery bleep on smoke detector & think it the keypad bleeping...

replace it with a vertias or euro mini ect...

a proper alarm man can probably do it in around an 1hr

1hr is still £300 labour tho

Paying for knowledge not for labourer

Edited by al-yeti

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys for those of you who have tried to help. I have tried everything suggested and still getting the faint bleep from the keypad every 10/15 minutes. Thanks to the fella who suggested it might be the keypad but my smoke alarm....Really !!!!    Ok the alarm panel is maybe not the best, but it otherwise works fine, so I will just have to put up with the faint bleep, or disconnect and buy a dog.            :rolleyes: any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Thankyou.

Edited by Paul A
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Thanks to the fella who suggested it might be the keypad but my smoke alarm....Really !!!!

Yes, really. Very common callout for those of us that do this for a living and might hopefully be considered to know what we are talking about.

'Your burglar alarm is making an annoying beeping noise, I want you to come out and stop it NOW', and nearly always turns out to be their smoke alarm battery low.

Ok the alarm panel is maybe not the best, but it otherwise works fine,

Car for sale; dashboard warning light keeps coming on, occasional grinding noise, tyre keeps going down, otherwise works fine.

Funny old site this, people come to the experts for advice because they don't know what they are doing, and seem to really regularly hate being told what a professional would do to sort the problem out...

Which would be, to protect my presumably £100,000+ property, spend £49.99 on a replacement, modern, under warranty new panel and new keypad.

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks to the fella who suggested it might be the keypad but my smoke alarm....Really !!!!

Yes really, one of us does this **** for a living & it clearly isn't you ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Thanks guys for those of you who have tried to help. I have tried everything suggested and still getting the faint bleep from the keypad every 10/15 minutes. Thanks to the fella who suggested it might be the keypad but my smoke alarm....Really !!!!    Ok the alarm panel is maybe not the best, but it otherwise works fine, so I will just have to put up with the faint bleep, or disconnect and buy a dog.            :rolleyes: any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Thankyou.

Buy real dog

Edited by al-yeti

12 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Buy real dog

He already has... 

• Like 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Datadefusion and Mr Blobby or whatever you call yourselves, can only think you two must be on here for a laugh.. are both toilet cleaners, or on benefit street.. you clearly ain't alarm technicians.. yes really the bleep is coming from the keypad Mr Muppet. Yes you might have gone out to someone in the past and it was the smoke alarm.. but listen to me Mr Muppet, it's the alarm keypad ( got it ) !!!! And Mr rediffusion or whatever , you , as a ( expert ) think I should buy a new panel for £49 and then pay some value for money alarm bloke £300 for an hour's work to replace it, all because of a faint bleep off the keypad.. I simply asked if anyone with a bit of knowledge on this panel knew how to turn off the faint bleep. Obviously neither of you know, so stick to what you know which is obviously not a lot, and just keep telling people " Yes sir I can see what the problem is, the sticker as fell off the keypad, so you will need a whole new system for just £1000.   Yeh ryteo..

• Downvote 2

Sorry to add to your woes but if it's the panel and its doing it every 15 mins exactly ie not a circuit on chime then it's broken. You could try a default but how much time and money do you want to spend on something that was never good when it was new

securitywarehouse https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

21 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Datadefusion and Mr Blobby or whatever you call yourselves, can only think you two must be on here for a laugh.. are both toilet cleaners, or on benefit street.. you clearly ain't alarm technicians.. yes really the bleep is coming from the keypad Mr Muppet. Yes you might have gone out to someone in the past and it was the smoke alarm.. but listen to me Mr Muppet, it's the alarm keypad ( got it ) !!!! And Mr rediffusion or whatever , you , as a ( expert ) think I should buy a new panel for £49 and then pay some value for money alarm bloke £300 for an hour's work to replace it, all because of a faint bleep off the keypad.. I simply asked if anyone with a bit of knowledge on this panel knew how to turn off the faint bleep. Obviously neither of you know, so stick to what you know which is obviously not a lot, and just keep telling people " Yes sir I can see what the problem is, the sticker as fell off the keypad, so you will need a whole new system for just £1000.   Yeh ryteo..

Well atleast your house is secure ....

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

source.gif.2ce17702ef4e13d746bc1ef286259666.gif

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

can only think you two must be on here for a laugh.. are both toilet cleaners,

Not a trace of any skid marks on our patch....

Your gaff-

full?d=1441542585

BTW I've got a sterling 10 coming out next, if you was less of a prick you could have had the pcb & a couple of rkps for the cost of postage....

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Yeh ryteo

YEAH RYTEO BACK BRO!

11 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Not a trace of any skid marks on our patch....

Your gaff-

full?d=1441542585

BTW I've got a sterling 10 coming out next, if you was less of a prick you could have had the pcb & a couple of rkps for the cost of postage....

Don't give it to Logan mate, that's cruel.

Edited by datadiffusion

For starters when your looking for help with something it's best not to upset people. That attitude will get you nowhere.

Battery smoke detector thing is a recurring issue for most installers. A good hand full of those calls think your a muppet for trying to help them on the phone, demand a call out and then take offence to the call out charge after finding there beeping smoke detector after all.

If it's not a circuit on chime the panel or keypad is likely knackered.

If your not looking to replace anything then I can only say put up with it or stick something over the internal buzzer and forget about it.

The system just isn't worth the cost to diagnose and repair with second hand parts, this is why most would just recommend an upgrade.

Hey Mr Blobby, and rediffusion, ( bro).  What the hell is that knackered old thing, I wouldn't have that if you paid the postage. Looks like something you or your mate rediffusion just fitted for a £1000. Bloody scammers  !!!

• Downvote 1

Thankyou sixwheeledbeast for your comments, I wasn't looking for an argument with those couple of morons. I was just looking for someone to say this is how to do it, or if xy or z doesn't work, then maybe look at the constructive comments you have given that's all. So please don't judge me on responding to idiots, when Mr Blobby gives me some great advice like get one off eBay to help .  Nevertheless, thankyou again for your comments

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Hey Mr Blobby, and rediffusion, ( bro).  What the hell is that knackered old thing, I wouldn't have that if you paid the postage. Looks like something you or your mate rediffusion just fitted for a £1000. Bloody scammers  !!!

Sterling 10 Keypad, 

Guess you have the later type-

pyronic_gsm_dialler-500x500.png

8 minutes ago, Paul A said:

when Mr Blobby gives me some great advice like get one off eBay to help .

Where else are you going to get new old stock from?