Security Installer Community

Wireless chimer

Pyronix enforcer panel in the house, fit one of their new wireless pirs (XDL12TT-WE) across the driveway (when set up correctly it can give you push notifications to your mobile phone) - probably not as good as IR beam but just making a suggestion...

Al-yeti, yes that's exactly what I did 15 years ago!  I simply put a washer inside the bell push that makes permanent contact, so as soon as the Takex sends an alarm output, power (12v using a transfomer, and ditching the internal battery) is sent through the bell push button and alerts the indoor chime.  It has worked an absolute treat.  We NEVER get a false alarm, either!  However, this time I need to use the Optex, and unfortunately that has 3.6v rather than volt-free connections.  Optex have told me to use a 'PCU-5'.  I don't know what that is, but I assume it drops the voltage to 3.6v.  That's no good as 3.6v won't operate a wireless door chime button.  I will Google 'HKC alarm'.

Many thanks for the replies, by the way.

I can't use the HKC (or any other control panel system) as both family members are elderly, and can't cope with a control panel.  They just want an alert, like mine, that tells them someone is walking down their driveway.  Even a Ring is pointless as the notification to the user is far too delayed in time (and sometimes non-existant!).

Not a beam but Texecom KIT-0079, 12v buzzer in a 12v boxed PSU.

An alarm panel option wouldn't have to be used you enable chime and leave it alone.

If you "have to" use the Optex beam I suggest using the transmitter they recommend, normally they have a Inovonics one.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aissecur said:

Pyronix enforcer panel in the house, fit one of their new wireless pirs (XDL12TT-WE) across the driveway (when set up correctly it can give you push notifications to your mobile phone) - probably not as good as IR beam but just making a suggestion...

Nah man be serious

3 hours ago, Tom Delaney said:

Many thanks for the replies, by the way.

I can't use the HKC (or any other control panel system) as both family members are elderly, and can't cope with a control panel.  They just want an alert, like mine, that tells them someone is walking down their driveway.  Even a Ring is pointless as the notification to the user is far too delayed in time (and sometimes non-existant!).

Dude has swb says use what they recommend or send it back for something else