Security Installer Community

Wireless chimer

Can someone kindly advise me?  I am going to install a photo electric perimeter beam (Optex AX-100TFR) which has an alarm output of only 3.6 volts DC.  All the wireless doorbells chimers I'm coming across use 12 volts.  Is there a 3.6v wireless chimer available anywhere?  Thanks very much for any replies.

1 hour ago, Tom Delaney said:

Can someone kindly advise me?  I am going to install a photo electric perimeter beam (Optex AX-100TFR) which has an alarm output of only 3.6 volts DC.  All the wireless doorbells chimers I'm coming across use 12 volts.  Is there a 3.6v wireless chimer available anywhere?  Thanks very much for any replies.

Out of curiosity ,it has a relay output 

I assume your having it on your drive and using it as an alert or something? So it's cabled back to the house?

If so then you can use any PSU with extra relay and any chime

But what do you mean it only has a 3.6v output?

Maybe this version isn't correct for your application so explain application and then perhaps go for another model?

Although you can get small low voltage buzzers

Yes, this is to be used to protect a driveway - it DOESN'T have wired connections, it is a stand-alone battery unit.  So any alarm output has to be wireless.  On the spec, it says the alarm output is 3.6v http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/brochure/AX-100_200TFR.pdf  So I assumed I can't simply use a 12v wireless doorbell chimer.  Am I wrong?  Thanks.

I'm open to suggestions of a different product.  I want to protect a driveway with a perimeter beam, but there's no way of running power out.  So it has to be a perimeter beam that is battery operated.  And obviously I need that to trigger an indoor chimer/sounder wirelessly.  Any suggestions very gratefully received.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

X y problem? 

They are designed to be connected to a wireless transmitter. Then use the contacts on the receiver to drive your wired sounder unit

Expensive way for driveway chime