Security Installer Community

Burglar Alarm wireless interference?

JimboF

Hi,

I am considering installing a wireless alarm system in my house.  Most of the ones I am looking at (Yale e.g. IA-210) are 868Mhz and I understood this was a better frequency than 433Mhz as it is less 'busy' so less prone to interference.

Unfortunately, I have just discovered that the wireless thermostat that controls our central heating system also operates on 868Mhz.

Please can anyone advise on whether it is likely that there will be interference between the thermostat and an alarm system operating on 868Mhz?

Thanks, James

1 hour ago, JimboF said:

Hi,

I am considering installing a wireless alarm system in my house.  Most of the ones I am looking at (Yale e.g. IA-210) are 868Mhz and I understood this was a better frequency than 433Mhz as it is less 'busy' so less prone to interference.

Unfortunately, I have just discovered that the wireless thermostat that controls our central heating system also operates on 868Mhz.

Please can anyone advise on whether it is likely that there will be interference between the thermostat and an alarm system operating on 868Mhz?

Thanks, James

It's possible , especially with DIY stuff and depend on position of sensors and other factors batteries , what heating controls you have , some are worse than others

Yale are not too bad at locks but not as a CCTV / Intruder alarm suppler IMHO, if you have the skills / knowledge to fit then look at Pyronix enforcer but I would thoroughly recommend getting an installation company in to assess your home & vulnerabilities.

That way hopefully you can have peace of mind

Edited by aissecur

But it's still a recognised brand. It's assumed im assuming that makes it better than the professional stuff. As Pete has said previously 'wonder why b&q etc don't have a yale bell on them' good job they have a decent system protecting all that yale stock.... 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

13 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Yale is Chinese tat rebadged

I agree it's tat but did think it was unique tat designed and made in China for Yale, never seen anything much like it without the badge?

Although I guess at the end of the day the sensors are probably the same as any other reference design with a unique looking case...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

7 hours ago, james.wilson said:

But it's still a recognised brand. It's assumed im assuming that makes it better than the professional stuff. As Pete has said previously 'wonder why b&q etc don't have a yale bell on them' good job they have a decent system protecting all that yale stock.... 

Only because Yale panels don't have enough zones... 

13 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Yale is Chinese tat rebadged, its cheap though 

Don't you import Chinese tat? 

• Like 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 31/07/2019 at 08:23, norman said:

Only because Yale panels don't have enough zones... 

Don't you import Chinese tat? 

There is a difference with what I import to the tat that Yale imports, those panels are made by Unifore and rebadged we looked at importing them even purchased a couple of samples. But they were a pile of rubbish 

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

There is a difference with what I import to the tat that Yale imports, those panels are made by Unifore and rebadged we looked at importing them even purchased a couple of samples. But they were a pile of rubbish 

saw this & thought of yu

15356708_894137084019352_423894708454034

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

9 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I had my phone upside down when I took it 

Not Chinese thing then?

10 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I had my phone upside down when I took it 

On a hijack note ,on the galaxy keypads the fobs are slow set on some.keypads but quick to unset , weird that

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Not Chinese thing then?

On a hijack note ,on the galaxy keypads the fobs are slow set on some.keypads but quick to unset , weird that

Could be because in China it would be the right way up. 

Receipt for your shen zhen lan pu zhao ming ke ji you xian gong si purchase - your payment has been scheduled

Hope I don't have to look up that one in the phone book

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands