Security Installer Community

Flex 20 Build of Materials Compatability

DVH

Hi All, I'm going to put in a Galaxy Flex 20 system into my home and have struggled to find a supplier on line who would confirm my BoM list as being compatible and appropriate. There is a mix of wired (Cat6) and wireless sensors. If anyone has a view on the BOM below I'd appreciate it. I don't want buy devices which wont work with the system, or miss things out which I need;

The Kit I need; Galaxy Flex 20 Grade 2, Medium, English Language:

·         Galaxy Flex 20 Control Panel and Housing with Power Supply, C005-Medium-EEnglish  Flex 20.  Medium Box to house the following (Hybrid, wired and wireless solution) V3.XX minimum

·         User Interface; Galaxy TouchCenter Plus flush mount CP046-00

·         Wall mount for Galaxy TouchCenter Plus A045

·         MK8 key pad CP050-00-01

·         PSTN Trigger Module A071-00-01 and Output Options Board A074-00-01

·         Ethernet Module A083-00-02

·         GSM/GPRS Module, Galaxy Flex direct mount Ethernet module A081-00-01   V3

·         RF Portal (Galaxy Flex direct mount RF portal PCB) A073-00-01

·         Duel Tech Motion Sensor  IS312 and IS312B Wall and ceiling mount bracket x 4 of each  with detector with Pet Immunity to 36kg

·         ISN3010B4 Camera PIR x 1 Wired). PE 1800IP Alarm Receiver (Are these compatible with the Flex 20). I’d like to use the Cat6 if I can so please advise of an alternative PIR/Camera or just PIR if there are options.

·         Deep discharge battery protection module (optional on Flex)

·         Wired Door Contact VIPER GLX + Contact x 1  part number PC.09004.20

Wireless:

·         YX0-0004 Piezo Shock Sensor x 4   part Number   PC.09003.50   

D08 M Door Contact x 6

·         4 button Key Fobs TCC8M x 4 (Multi-Function)

·         Basic Key Fob, YX0-0004 x 2

·         Flood Sensor DET8M x 1

·         Carbon Monoxide Detector C08M x 1

·         Smoke detector DF8M x 1

·         Separate Panic Button TCPA1B x 1

·         Bell Unit (also internal sounder, run from same board)

Advise on any cabling / software needed to connect the above

Remote Programming

·         R058-CD DG x 1 User Management Suite, Galaxy User Management Suite software with USB dongle

All sounds compatible.  I'll note some points for you:

YX0-0004  is a prox tag and not the SHK8M piezo shock sensor.

- I would probably go for the large enclosure with a bigger power supply when using the touchcenter+. You may get a decent deal on an FX100+ with 2A PSU includes the deep discharge module. The bigger enclosure supports a greater capacity backup battery too.

- You're listing the image capture PIR's.  Just be aware that there is no support to receive images from the galaxy phone app. An ARC with the Honeywell receiver (you noted the part number) is required and I don't know of an ARC who would relay these images for you.  I run SelfMon and don't support image capture from inside domestic premises due to privacy issues. Maybe better going for wired or the IR8M sensors.

- RSS software costs nearly £1k. This doesn't make sense for a one panel install.

I think you'd be better buying a panel bundle which has the panel, Ethernet, GSM/GPRS and RF portal included.  Standard 6 or 8 core alarm cable is fine. I use the Texecom grade 3 backlit X-B bell boxes with these systems. With dual piezo, they're louder.

2 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

All sounds compatible.  I'll note some points for you:

YX0-0004  is a prox tag and not the SHK8M piezo shock sensor.

- I would probably go for the large enclosure with a bigger power supply when using the touchcenter+. You may get a decent deal on an FX100+ with 2A PSU includes the deep discharge module. The bigger enclosure supports a greater capacity backup battery too.

- You're listing the image capture PIR's.  Just be aware that there is no support to receive images from the galaxy phone app. An ARC with the Honeywell receiver (you noted the part number) is required and I don't know of an ARC who would relay these images for you.  I run SelfMon and don't support image capture from inside domestic premises due to privacy issues. Maybe better going for wired or the IR8M sensors.

- RSS software costs nearly £1k. This doesn't make sense for a one panel install.

I think you'd be better buying a panel bundle which has the panel, Ethernet, GSM/GPRS and RF portal included.  Standard 6 or 8 core alarm cable is fine. I use the Texecom grade 3 backlit X-B bell boxes with these systems. With dual piezo, they're louder.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, yes I was wondering about the image PIRs so will drop those in favour of standard wired PIRs. I'll lose the software, I wasn't sure if I needed it to configure the system, but clearly not 9which is a relief) much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

If you haven't wired yet, don;t use Cat6 for alarm sensors. Use... alarm... wire!

Ah, already run in the Cat6 cabling, is there a problem using this, should I go wireless for everything rather than wired PIRs and a couple of main doors, and wireless for windows and non main door sensors

Not a problem per-se, just going to be really fiddly wiring up the detectors, we've all been on site where some builder has used telephone wire

and it should be OK just that the exposed ends are always very fragile, plus Cat 6 expecially is a bit bulky for getting into the smaller detectors. But, not

the end of the world. And of course the whole colours thing, I find it an absolute PIA when someone has preinstalled phone cable.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

4 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:
4 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Not a problem per-se, just going to be really fiddly wiring up the detectors, we've all been on site where some builder has used telephone wire

and it should be OK just that the exposed ends are always very fragile, plus Cat 6 expecially is a bit bulky for getting into the smaller detectors. But, not

the end of the world. And of course the whole colours thing, I find it an absolute PIA when someone has preinstalled phone cable.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure I take care when installing everything, it was a real pain running in all those  cables as well !