Security Installer Community

Anyone got a shorrock for sale

Only ever seen them on buildings, did once have a BNIB Initial Shorrock box but I sold it a while ago :(

That said since then I've picked up a proper old metal Chubb in reasonable condition, seen better, seen much worse, and that BNIB Modern Alarms hex so I'm not too sad*

Would love a white square dome style Securicor Granley still in the box!

*insert own disclaimer here

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

So basically they look like a DIY shop (of the day) box but under the skin they are actually a lot better made than that?

Just noticed there is one on the back of an old Fyne Fayre in our high street that's now a DIY shop

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 1 month later...
On 23/07/2019 at 07:52, datadiffusion said:

Only ever seen them on buildings, did once have a BNIB Initial Shorrock box but I sold it a while ago :(

That said since then I've picked up a proper old metal Chubb in reasonable condition, seen better, seen much worse, and that BNIB Modern Alarms hex so I'm not too sad*

Would love a white square dome style Securicor Granley still in the box!

*insert own disclaimer here

Ive got one of those metal square chubb boxs myself, does your have that big chloride gent glanger bell inside?

On 23/07/2019 at 18:07, MrHappy said:

I's guess the one in the picture is a decoy

GRP cover with Blue plastic coated steel bracket,

I've removed dummies but never a live one

I think they had a master bell, SCB module, battery and micro switches inside

Edited by Jack b

On 30/08/2019 at 01:24, Jack b said:

Ive got one of those metal square chubb boxs myself, does your have that big chloride gent glanger bell inside?

Sorry I missed your post, the Chubb is a triangle type, but metal. In good condition for age but totally empty... It is so empty I do think it might always have been a dummy, but hard to tell with these older boxes sometimes, not all had special dummy brackets...