Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20 problem

Hi all

I have a G2-20 panel which is randomly setting off, when I look on the log it has the detector which triggered the false alarm then it will always have Batt Mis proceeding the alarm.

I have checked the battery but it still does it, is this a faulty panel and if so what is the new equivalent of a G2-20 as I have read that they are now obsolete?

Cheers

I don't fit Galaxy but would be surprised if they dropped the 2-20.

Control panels are very rarely faulty from experience, you need to rule out external factors as throwing a panel at it is relatively expensive and will piss the customer off if it's something else.

There could be something shorting to ground and dragging the system down, or maybe even the battery is faulty but appears ok if you test it. Not an exhaustive list of what it could be tho.

28 minutes ago, d-tec services said:

Hi all

I have a G2-20 panel which is randomly setting off, when I look on the log it has the detector which triggered the false alarm then it will always have Batt Mis proceeding the alarm.

I have checked the battery but it still does it, is this a faulty panel and if so what is the new equivalent of a G2-20 as I have read that they are now obsolete?

Cheers

How old is system panel battery? I would change that first 

Standard on these to show bat mis when they dodge , only ever got one panel with that fault similar and was panel 

Change battery

• 1 month later...
On 22/07/2019 at 19:40, d-tec services said:

I had a 12 ah battery installed, changed it now to a 7 ah, does it cause the PSU to work harder to charge up a bigger battery?

Only on a complete discharge or new battery senario the rest of the time it's on trickle charge which hardly takes anything. 

Regards TS