Security Installer Community

Grade 3 with smoke alarms?

On 22/07/2019 at 18:11, sixwheeledbeast said:

Depending on the system I much prefer the Aico low voltage option now

They are certainly good, just wish they'd update the look of them.

AICO had a cloud system waiting in the wings for their mains alarms it would seem, but no mention on the website currently, it's vanished...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

There is a white box that I assume would connect via wifi to t'internet, and it would work only with the newer SmartLink enabled devices

There was even a portal website but nothing on the homepage other than Username / PW login boxes

If you look at some pics on the news section, you can see boards at exhibitions and the demo truck detailing the new system 'coming soon' but that was back in April.

All other mention seems to have been removed with the new website.

I do wonder if they have realised the service would be more useful to landlords and that a 4G sim-on-chip built into every box and then activated for a monthly

charge would get more of an uptake?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

They are certainly a big footprint compared with other devices but they tick all the boxes on reliability and functionality.

Yeah sure just seems a shame the 12v versions are quite literally 3 case design generations behind the current mains ones now.

Edited by datadiffusion