Security Installer Community

Telecom Security - BNIB find!

40 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Any expiry date?

Yeah when the company got wound up! Although as H says I bet you somewhere there is a 'Assetco 1986 (Modern) Ltd' that used to be Telecom, probably with £700 in the bank and 25 years worth of 1 page dormant accounts.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yep long post takeover of Telecom by Moderns and post integration hence hexes and gals I suppose.

For a very short time didn't they change all a number of former yellow Modern boxes & new installs to white hex's with 'ADT Modern' on them before realising the yellow was the best (or most recognisable) bit about it?

It's interesting that the original US made Telecom panel doesn't support an external siren but then again why would it? They simply don't seem to use them in the US.

Also even Chinese designed and produced DIY tat alarms such as the likes of Wickes and the butchered Visonic BT kits all had UK made bells or dummies (both Elmdene, who at the time still made in the UK)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

2 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Yep long post takeover of Telecom by Moderns and post integration hence hexes and gals I suppose.

For a very short time didn't they change all a number of former yellow Modern boxes & new installs to white hex's with 'ADT Modern' on them before realising the yellow was the best (or most recognisable) bit about it?

It's interesting that the original US made Telecom panel doesn't support an external siren but then again why would it? They simply don't seem to use them in the US.

Also even Chinese designed and produced DIY tat alarms such as the likes of Wickes and the butchered Visonic BT kits all had UK made bells or dummies (both Elmdene, who at the time still made in the UK)

ADT bought modern 97 ish and a load of white hex with Adt modern were made(I’ve still got one somewhere)but not many were fitted, then thorn (tyco) bought Adt very soon after so the white hex got binned for a yellow hex with tam on it (thorn Adt modern) that never made it to press then it was decided to print the Adt logo on the yellow hex

you could put an external siren in the original telecom panels but you needed to fit an external psu and use the trigger from the panel